Warburg Pincus Names Nine New Managing Directors
NEW YORK, Jan. 30, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Warburg Pincus, a leading global private equity firm focused on growth investing, today named nine professionals as new managing directors, including the promotion of seven principals and the hiring of two new professionals. These individuals work in various offices around the world in the areas of Capital Markets, Consumer, Industrial and Services (CIS), Energy, Fundraising/Investor Relations, Real Estate and Technology, Media and Telecommunications (TMT).
- Simon Begg -- Capital Markets, London
- Paul Best -- Consumer, Industrial and Services (CIS), London
- Joe Gagnon -- Real Estate, Hong Kong
- Vishnu Menon -- Technology, Media and Telecommunications (TMT), San Francisco
- Nitin Nayar – Technology, Media and Telecommunications (TMT), Mumbai
- Yue Zhiming -- Fundraising/Investor Relations, Hong Kong
- Dan Zamlong -- Consumer, Industrial and Services (CIS), New York
New to the firm
- Mazin Al Khatib -- Fundraising/Investor Relations, London, who joined Warburg Pincus from Investcorp Bank where he was a Managing Director and Head of the United Arab Emirates, Saudi and Levant Placement and Relationship Teams
- Somit Varma -- Energy, New York, who joined Warburg Pincus from the International Finance Corporation where he was the Global Head of the Natural Resources Group with a focus on emerging markets
"We are fortunate to have these outstanding professionals contributing to the firm's continued growth and development around the world," said Charles R. Kaye, Co-President. "It is their unique combination of sector and regional knowledge, along with years of valuable investment experience that enables Warburg Pincus to be an experienced partner to entreprenuers and management teams and an exceptional partner to investors."
Joseph P. Landy, Co-President added, "We also are pleased to welcome two new additions to the firm in Mazin and Somit, who each bring years of experience and invaluable expertise in their respective fields. In the end, it is our people who are vital to the success of our business model and culture and are critical to differentiating Warburg Pincus globally."
About Warburg Pincus
Warburg Pincus LLC is a leading global private equity firm focused on growth investing. The firm has more than $30 billion in assets under management. Its active portfolio of more than 125 companies is highly diversified by stage, sector and geography. Warburg Pincus is a growth investor and an experienced partner to management teams seeking to build durable companies with sustainable value. Founded in 1966, Warburg Pincus has raised 13 private equity funds which have invested more than $40 billion in over 650 companies in more than 30 countries. Warburg Pincus is focused on investing in growth opportunities across the Consumer, Industrial and Services (CIS), Energy, Healthcare, Financial Services and Telecommunications, Media and Technology (TMT) sectors. The firm is headquartered in New York with offices in Amsterdam, Beijing, Frankfurt, Hong Kong, London, Luxembourg, Mauritius, Mumbai, San Francisco, Sao Paulo and Shanghai. For more information, please visit www.warburgpincus.com.
Ed Trissel, Warburg Pincus, +1 212 878 9288, email@example.com
Jeffrey Smith, Warburg Pincus, +1 212 878 9205, firstname.lastname@example.org
Sarah Gestetner, Warburg Pincus, +44 20 7 306 0377, email@example.com
SOURCE Warburg Pincus