Warm Up To Winter With Dunkin' Donuts' Sweet Treats
Dunkin' Donuts' January menu includes new Banana Chocolate Chip Muffin and a full lineup of Hot Chocolates
Dunkin' Donuts offers recipes for enjoying the taste of its new Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate
CANTON, Mass., Jan. 8, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Dunkin' Donuts, America's all-day, everyday stop for coffee and baked goods, is ringing in the New Year with a sweet lineup of food and beverages. Brand new this month is the Banana Chocolate Chip Muffin, a delicious banana-flavored muffin with chocolate chips baked inside and topped with sanding sugar and chocolate icing drizzle. Guests can also keep warm this winter with any of Dunkin' Donuts' varieties of hot chocolate, including the brand's newest flavor, Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate, featuring a blend of sweet and salty flavors in every sip. Dunkin' Donuts also offers Mint Hot Chocolate, White Hot Chocolate, Dunkaccino® and Original Hot Chocolate.
To help Dunkin' Donuts fans enjoy Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate in a new way this New Year, Dunkin' Brands Executive Chef and Vice President of Product Innovation Stan Frankenthaler, a three-time James Beard Award nominee and co-author of The Occidental Tourist, created two special, seasonal recipes. These easy-to-prepare and delicious desserts, both featuring Dunkin' Donuts' Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate, include Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate Poke Cake and Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate Caramel Sauce.
Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate Poke Cake
- 1 Box Chocolate Cake Mix
- 3 Eggs
- 1/4 Cup Canola Oil
- 3 Medium Dunkin' Donuts Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate (chilled)
- 2 Boxes Butterscotch Pudding (instant)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine cake mix, eggs, oil and one Dunkin' Donuts Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate in a large mixing bowl and whisk until smooth.
- Pour into a 9 x13 cake pan and bake for 35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out of the center of the cake clean.
- Remove cake from oven and allow to cool.
- Poke holes all over the top of the cake using the back of a wooden spoon.
- In another bowl, combine the two remaining Dunkin' Donuts Salted Caramel Hot Chocolates with pudding mix and whisk until smooth.
- Pour pudding over the cake and refrigerate overnight to set.
- Serve with whipped cream or ice cream.
Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate Caramel Sauce
- 1 Bag of Caramels (unwrapped)
- 1 Small Dunkin' Donuts Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate
- Place caramels and 4 fl oz. of Dunkin' Donuts Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate in a small sauce pan over low heat.
- Melt caramels while enjoying the rest of your Dunkin' Donuts Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate, stirring occasionally.
- Once melted, pour into a mason jar.
About Dunkin' Donuts
Founded in 1950, Dunkin' Donuts is America's favorite all-day, everyday stop for coffee and baked goods. Dunkin' Donuts is a market leader in the hot regular/decaf/flavored coffee, iced coffee, donut, bagel and muffin categories. Dunkin' Donuts has earned the No. 1 ranking for customer loyalty in the coffee category by Brand Keys for seven years running. The company has nearly 10,800 restaurants in 31 countries worldwide. For the full-year 2012, Dunkin' Donuts' restaurants had global franchisee-reported sales of approximately $6.9 billion. Based in Canton, Mass., Dunkin' Donuts is part of the Dunkin' Brands Group, Inc. (Nasdaq: DNKN) family of companies. For more information, visit www.DunkinDonuts.com.
SOURCE Dunkin' Donuts