Warren's Extra Hour
LONDON, October 22, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
The clocks go back this Sunday, 28th October, giving everyone a precious extra hour to enjoy. It goes without saying that most will take the opportunity to catch up on missed sleep, or to stay snuggled up with a loved one in bed. But award winning bed makers Warren Evans are taking a different approach and encouraging Brits to use the time to help others.
The company are inviting people to blog, Facebook or tweet about the London and Brighton-based charities or community projects that they donate their 'extra' hours to. Warren will then choose the story that inspires him the most, donate £250 to the cause, and send over a team of 'happy helpers' to give a day's worth of their time.
"I'm proud to say that our company has some great longstanding relationships with a number of national charities and organisations, including the Big Issue Foundation, Shelter and FSC UK, but we're always looking for inspirational local projects to support too. A lot can be achieved in those spare hours we spend watching TV or tucked up in bed - and through this initiative I hope to highlight some of the great work that people are doing to support their communities."
To submit an entry, simply leave a comment on the Warren Evans blog or Facebook page, tweet @WarrenEvansBeds using the hashtag #WarrensExtraHour or send a link to your blog post to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit the blog for more information and full terms and conditions.
Notes to Editors:
- Have been handcrafting bespoke wooden beds out of FSC UK Certified® wood for over 34 years
- Supply a range of top quality comfy mattresses, and are one of Britain's leading stockists of Tempur® mattresses
- Handcraft beds and furniture in a unique green workshop in Walthamstow, using energy efficient tools, and the best environmental practice
- Have nine showrooms in Camden, Clapham, Kingston, Shoreditch, Hammersmith, Brighton, St Albans, Brighton and Enfield
- Have won twelve environmental and ethical awards, including four Sunday Times Best Green Companies Awards, three Observer Ethical Awards and two Green Apple Environment Awards.
For more information please contact Brittany LaGambina, Brittany(dot)LaGambina(at)arena-media(dot)co(dot)uk - +44(0)2071826566
SOURCE Warren Evans