Washington Women in Public Relations Selects 2010 Board
WASHINGTON, Jan. 13 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Today, Washington Women in Public Relations (WWPR) announced its 2010 Board during its annual meeting at the Hyatt Grand Washington (view photo here). The slate is as follows:
- President: Debbie Friez, BurrellesLuce
- Vice President: Erin Wendel, American Physical Therapy Association
- Past President and Young Leaders Award Chair: Lauren Lawson, Goodwill Industries International
- Treasurer: Sherri Core, Core Association Services, Inc.
- Secretary: Leslie Rutledge, MyMediaInfo
- Marketing and Communications Co-Chairs: Meghan Sager, New Media Strategies and Ashley Settle, Edelman
- Executive Communicators Chair: Joan Coyle, EEI Communications
- Woman of the Year Co-Chairs: Rachel Henderson, Ogilvy PR Worldwide and Emily Deck, SiloSmashers
- Professional Development Co-Chairs: Lisa Newman, MediaLink and Macie Mulvaney, Medialink
- Membership Chair: Caitlin Douglas, Ogilvy PR Worldwide
- Pro Bono Co-Chairs: Deborah Brody, Deborah Brody Marketing Communications and Tina McCormack, C.Fox Communications
- Partnerships Chair: Kendra Kojcsich, Porter Novelli
- Web Site Support Chair: Akilah Luke, Cultural DC
Out-going President Lauren Lawson was honored for her many years of service to the board and WWPR. With more than three years of WWPR involvement as Marketing and Communications Co-Chair and Vice President, this will be Debbie Friez's first year as President.
"I am honored to be leading this amazing group of professionals through 2010. We've planned an exciting year of learning, volunteering and networking opportunities for Washington communicators," said Friez, "and we look forward to continuing the legacy WWPR has built for the past three decades."
WWPR's pro bono client, The Children's Law Center, is the leading legal services provider in the District helping more than 1,000 children each year and the only organization that provides free legal representation specifically to children. WWPR will provide pro bono public relations service to the Children's Law Center through January 2011.
Washington Women in Public Relations (WWPR) is a vital source for Metro DC communications professionals and is committed to providing professional development events, networking opportunities, marketplace positioning and leadership in the community. For more information visit www.wwpr.org or find us on Facebook (facebook.com/washingtonwomeninpr) and Twitter (@wwpr).
SOURCE Washington Women in Public Relations
More by this Source
WWPR Names Pam Jenkins the 2013 Washington PR Woman of the Year
Nov 14, 2013, 18:01 ET
Washington PR Woman Of The Year To Join WWPR Advisory Council
Jul 25, 2013, 09:00 ET
Washington Women in Public Relations Names 2013 Emerging Leaders Awards Honorees
Jul 24, 2013, 12:33 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.