Washington Women in Public Relations Selects 2011 Board of Directors
WASHINGTON, Jan. 24, 2011 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Washington Women in Public Relations (WWPR), a resource for communications professionals in the DC area, announced its 2011 board during its annual meeting at the National Association of Broadcasters building. The slate is as follows:
- President: Kendra Kojcsich, Porter Novelli
- Vice President: Tina McCormack Beaty, C.Fox Communications
- Past President: Debbie Friez, BurrellesLuce
- Treasurer: Sherri Core, Core Association Services, Inc.
- Secretary: Donna Savarese, Innovative Solutions Group
- Marketing and Communications Co-Chairs: Pheniece Jones, SpeakerBox Communications, and Melinda Semadeni, American Society of Pension Professionals & Actuaries
- Executive Communicators Chair: Kim Ash, Plan A Marketing Solutions
- Woman of the Year Co-Chairs: Emily Hughes, National Environmental Strategies, and Laura Cilmi, Chlopak, Leonard, Schechter and Associates
- Professional Development Co-Chairs: Stacey Price, sdp communications, and Elisse LaMay Tolle, American Association for Justice
- Membership Chair: Leslie Rutledge, MyMediaInfo
- Pro Bono Chair: Deborah Brody, Deborah Brody Marketing Communications
- Emerging Leaders Co-Chairs: Margie Newman, Pew Center on the States, and Courtney Greenwald, Porter Novelli
- Sponsorships and Partnerships Chair: Lisa Newman, Independent Media Consultant
- Web Site Support Chair: Kate Barrett, New Enterprise Associates
Out-going president Debbie Friez was honored for her many years of service to WWPR. Kendra Kojcsich, 2011 incoming president, has more than five years of WWPR involvement serving on the board as professional development co-chair and partnership chair.
"Today, PR professionals and communicators across the D.C. area convened to welcome the new board and I am in great company as I embark on leading this energized group of professionals," said Kojcsich. "The board looks forward to serving the WWPR membership and providing high-quality programs, as well as volunteer and networking opportunities."
WWPR also announced the selection of Thrive DC as its new pro bono client for 2011-2013. Thrive DC provides meals, personal care and medical supplies, case management and other support services to men and women dealing with homelessness.
ABOUT WASHINGTON WOMEN IN PUBLIC RELATIONS
Washington Women in Public Relations (WWPR) is the first and only D.C. based professional organization advancing women in the communications industry. WWPR is committed to delivering outstanding professional development, networking, marketplace positioning, and leadership opportunities to area communicators. Visit us at wwpr.org, "Like" us on Facebook.com/WashingtonWomeninPR, and follow us on Twitter @WWPR.
SOURCE Washington Women in Public Relations
More by this Source
WWPR Names Pam Jenkins the 2013 Washington PR Woman of the Year
Nov 14, 2013, 18:01 ET
Washington PR Woman Of The Year To Join WWPR Advisory Council
Jul 25, 2013, 09:00 ET
Washington Women in Public Relations Names 2013 Emerging Leaders Awards Honorees
Jul 24, 2013, 12:33 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.