SEATTLE, Nov. 9, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --– WatchGuard® Technologies, a global leader in manageable business security solutions, today announced that it received the 2012 North American Product Quality Leadership Award in Email Content Security from Frost & Sullivan. After thorough analysis, Frost & Sullivan's independent research concluded that WatchGuard provides unrivaled quality and manageability throughout its XCS email content security offerings and superior product performance based on customer and channel feedback.
"Email security, Web protection and data loss prevention are critical components to a competitive network security platform," said Sin-Yaw Wang, Vice President of Engineering at WatchGuard Technologies. "We are honored to receive this award, as it validates WatchGuard's technology leadership in this space."
Frost & Sullivan used the following criteria to benchmark WatchGuard's XCS (extensible content security) performance against key competitors: product performance, reliability, design, usability and value.
WatchGuard Award Factors – Performance, Reliability, Design, Usability and Value
- Performance – As identified by Frost & Sullivan, effectiveness and efficiency of email content security solutions are key factors in determining product performance ratings. WatchGuard XCS appliances deliver competitive email security and Web application security, as well as control of traffic entering and exiting email and Web networks, and exhibit "impressive performance and strong features, without performance restraints."
- Reliability – WatchGuard XCS products ensure high reliability for SMEs and enterprises. The XCS product line provides next-generation anti-spam protection, offering close to 99 percent email filtering, zero-day attack protection and data loss prevention (DLP), both of which are critical factors in protecting against the latest threats. It also supports efforts to meet compliance requirements, multiple levels of redundancy, and permit business continuity of email communication.
- Design – WatchGuard's XCS products exceed customer requirements at all levels and customer segments—small businesses to ISPs and large enterprises. Adding to the hardware offerings, four virtual XCS appliances also provide full-featured email and Web content security to meet the requirements in any environment—physical or virtual.
- Usability – Flexibility and ease-of-use are significant factors in product usability, and are hallmarks for WatchGuard XCS solutions. For example, DLP and encryption services are straightforward to deploy and manage across any device platform. Encryption key management is dynamic and elastic, minimizing risk of key corruption and loss of data. Granular controls also offer full visibility to assist and streamline DLP management.
- Value – As identified by Frost & Sullivan, one of the key elements that contribute to WatchGuard's value leadership position is the company's LiveSecurity® service program. This provides quality customer care and expert technical support. This also includes an early warning system that leverages WatchGuard's security experts, who provide rapid threat responses and software/hardware updates and enhancements.
Frost & Sullivan is a global research organization comprised of 1,800 analysts and consultants who monitor more than 300 industries and 250,000 companies. Through qualitative, objective marketing assessments unique to Frost & Sullivan, "product quality leadership" can be benchmarked and identified. This includes reviewing product features, such as reliability and performance in email malware detection and spam prevention. This also includes secondary research in customer reviews and feedback on email content security solutions.
About Frost & Sullivan
Frost & Sullivan, the Growth Partnership Company, enables clients to accelerate growth and achieve best-in-class positions in growth, innovation and leadership. The company's Growth Partnership Service provides the CEO and the CEO's Growth Team with disciplined research and best-practice models to drive the generation, evaluation and implementation of powerful growth strategies. Frost & Sullivan leverages 50 years of experience in partnering with Global 1000 companies, emerging businesses and the investment community from more than 40 offices on six continents. To join our Growth Partnership, please visit http://www.frost.com.
About WatchGuard Technologies, Inc.
Since 1996, WatchGuard® Technologies, Inc. has been a global leader of business security solutions that solve real world security problems. WatchGuard provides easy-to-use but enterprise-powerful protection to hundreds of thousands of businesses worldwide. The WatchGuard family of threat management devices provides network, application and data protection, with unparalleled levels of manageability, usability, and visibility. WatchGuard products are backed by WatchGuard LiveSecurity® Service, an innovative support program. WatchGuard is headquartered in Seattle, Wash. with offices throughout North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Latin America. To learn more, visit www.watchguard.com.
WatchGuard is a registered trademark of WatchGuard Technologies, Inc. All other marks are property of their respective owners.
Raffetto Herman Strategic Communications
SOURCE WatchGuard Technologies