BOSTON, Nov. 4, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- According to the National Retail Foundation (NRF), 20.8 percent of shoppers would like to receive home decor or furniture-related gifts under the tree this year. To give shoppers a head start on the season's hottest home goods, Wayfair.com, the largest online retailer of home furnishings and decor, today announced the most popular holiday gifts for home based on recent sales data, shopping trends and top-pinned products on Pinterest.
Wayfair.com's 2013 Most Popular Holiday Gifts for the Home
- Specialty kitchen appliances – soda makers, ice cream makers, slow-cookers and juicers
- High-tech home gadgets – iPad/iPod compatible showerheads and cooking accessories
- TV stands and entertainment centers – furniture and space saving solutions for flat screen televisions and gaming systems
- Fire pits – copper fire pits and fire pit tables for outdoor entertaining all year round
- Greenhouses – walk-in greenhouses and tiered portable garden houses
- Wall mirrors – sunburst mirrors and geometric-framed mirrors
- Game tables – air hockey, ping pong, pool tables and 3-in-1 multi-game tables
- Statement cookware – brightly colored enameled dutch ovens, roasters and skillets
- Children's recliners and bean bag chairs – personalized pint-sized seating for kids
- Chevron print accessories – throw pillows, rugs and accent chairs in the year's most popular pattern
"In addition to sprucing up their homes for holiday entertaining with tabletop items and decorative accents, shoppers are looking for home furnishings they can enjoy with their family and friends year-round," noted Catie Parrish, chief homemaker at Wayfair.com. "From specialty kitchen appliances and cookware to entertainment stands for new electronics, shoppers are looking for items that impress and get the job done. Home is where the heart is this holiday season, especially for budget-conscious consumers in search of lasting gifts that will make an impact well beyond the holiday season."
To meet holiday demand, Wayfair.com will offer more than 30,000 items in its two day shipping program, an increase of 50 percent over last holiday season.
Wayfair.com offers a zillion things home – the largest selection of home furnishings and decor across all styles and price points. With an unparalleled selection of more than seven million home items from 12,000 brands, Wayfair.com helps people find the perfect product at the right price. Our unparalleled selection and superior customer service coupled with the convenience of online shopping, makes it easier than ever before to find exactly what you want for your home. Other e-commerce sites within the Wayfair.com brand portfolio include AllModern.com, the leading destination for original modern design, Joss & Main, the fastest growing private sale site for the home, and DwellStudio, a lifestyle retailer known for groundbreaking design and impeccable quality in modern home furnishings.
Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, Wayfair.com employs more than 1,300 people in its eight global locations of Boston, New York, Ogden, Utah, Hebron, Kentucky, Galway, Ireland, London, Berlin and Sydney. The company was recently named one of America's Most Promising Companies by Forbes Magazine.
For more information, please visit www.wayfair.com.