Wayfair.com Predicts Most Popular Holiday Gifts, Leaks Black Friday and Cyber Monday Deals Trampolines, Chicken Coops and Kayaks Top List this Year
BOSTON, Nov. 12, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Wayfair.com, the largest online retailer of home products and furnishings, today revealed a sneak preview of select holiday deals and announced its predictions for the season's most popular gifts. The Black Friday and Cyber Monday best-seller forecast is based upon sales data and consumer shopping trends from the past year.
"At Wayfair.com, we are listening carefully to our customers and analyzing trends to make sure we serve up the best deals on the products that matter most this holiday season," said Niraj Shah, CEO of Wayfair.com. "With a selection of more than 5 million products, we're confident that Wayfair.com shoppers can easily find just the right gifts for everyone on their list."
To meet holiday demand, Wayfair.com is offering 20,000 products through its two-day shipping program with an emphasis on popular gifts ranging from mirrors to barstools to trampolines. The company is gearing up for record sales across all categories including home decor, toys, cookware, tools and pet products. In addition to perennial holiday favorites such as dollhouses, play kitchens and bicycles, Wayfair.com is predicting strong sales in five product categories:
Wayfair.com's 2012 Forecast: Most Popular Holiday Gifts for Kids and Family
- Trampolines – Trampolines have been top sellers at Wayfair.com in past years but following the Summer Olympic Games and the success of the U.S. women's gymnastics team, the online retailer is seeing a surge of interest in gymnastic-related equipment including trampolines, mats and balance beams. This Wayfair.com favorite will be on sale for $299 this Cyber Monday.
- Air hockey tables – Economic pressures are steering many families away from expensive individual gifts to more family-focused gifts that everyone can enjoy. Game tables are big sellers at Wayfair.com with browse data pointing to a strong interest in air hockey tables this year. Shoppers can purchase the Playcraft Air Hockey Table on Cyber Monday for the sale price of $139 with free two-day delivery.
- Kayaks – Wayfair.com has seen strong month over month growth in kayak sales this past year. With a variety of makes and models available now, kayaks are appealing to a broad base of consumers for a number of recreational uses. New inflatable models and ultra-light options make it easier than ever to store and transport a kayak. Wayfair.com's best-selling youth kayak is on sale this holiday season for $110.96.
- Chicken coops – The trend of raising chickens in the backyard has been sweeping the country for a couple of years now and seems to be propelled by Americans' interest in more self-reliance as well as an interest in locally-raised food. Wayfair.com carries more than 30 different types of chicken coops ranging in price from just over $100 to more than $1500. The Bedford Chicken Barn & Pen is on sale this holiday season for $425.
- Children's recliners and gaming chairs – Last year, children's recliners were Wayfair.com's top selling product category on Cyber Monday. There is a steady demand for pint-sized furniture that is customizable in various fabrics and silhouettes. Wayfair.com offers more than 650 chairs for children in every style from polka-dot princess print to camouflage with cup-holders. For tweens and teens, gaming chairs will continue to be popular choices. Wayfair.com is offering 10 percent off of select children's recliners from Black Friday through Cyber Monday.
Wayfair.com offers a zillion things home – the largest online catalog of furniture, lighting, cookware and more. With this massive selection of more than five million products, chances are good people can find just the right items for their homes. Other sites under the Wayfair.com umbrella include AllModern.com and JossAndMain.com.
Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, Wayfair.com employs more than 1000 people and was recently named the 28th most valuable private digital company in the world by Business Insider. Wayfair.com operates distribution and operations centers in Ogden, Utah and Hebron, Kentucky, and international offices in Galway, Ireland, London, Berlin and Sydney. For more information, please visit www.wayfair.com, or follow us at www.facebook.com/wayfair or at www.twitter.com/wayfair or check out our blog My Way Home at www.wayfair.com/blog.