LONDON, May 10, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Summary
The UK savings and investments market is dominated by deposits, which account for more than half of all liquid assets in the country. However, the growth of the market is fueled mainly by mutual funds, which have performed well even in times of capital market unsteadiness. Mutual funds have consequently attracted a constant flow of new money. Thanks to this, UK liquid assets have been growing since the end of the financial crisis, although a slowdown in recent years has been apparent
- Affluent individuals represent just over a quarter of the UK population but hold 91.7% of the UK's liquid assets.
- UK wealth is concentrated mainly in London and the South East, but other regions should grow faster in the near future.
- 52.2% of UK savings are held in deposits (most of it in instant access accounts), but the solid performance of mutual funds has been attracting inflows to this asset class.
- Despite holding 12.1% of their investment portfolios in commodities, property, and alternatives, the UK's wealthiest individuals show a strong preference towards liquid products.
- Tax efficiency remains the main driver for high net worth (HNW) individuals opting to offshore wealth.
Wealth in the UK: Sizing the Market Opportunity analyzes the UK's wealth and retail savings and investments markets, with a focus on the HNW segment. The report is based on our proprietary datasets.Specifically, the report:
- Sizes the affluent market (both by the number of individuals and the value of their liquid assets) using Verdict Financial's proprietary datasets.
- Analyzes which asset classes are favoured by UK investors and how their preferences impact the growth of the total savings and investments market.
- Examines HNW clients' attitudes towards non-liquid investments, such as property and commodities.
- Identifies key drivers and booking centers for offshore investments.
Reasons To Buy
- Benchmark your share of the UK wealth market against the current market size.
- Forecast your future growth prospects using our projections for the market to 2019.
- Identify your most promising client segment by analyzing the penetration of affluent individuals in the UK - both at the country and regional level.
- Evaluate your HNW proposition by understanding how the ever-changing UK tax system affects your HNW clients.
- Review your offshore strategy by learning about the HNW motivations for offshore investments and their preferred booking centers.
Download the full report: https://www.reportbuyer.com/product/3702000/
Reportbuyer is a leading industry intelligence solution that provides all market research reports from top publishers
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/wealth-in-the-uk-sizing-the-market-opportunity-sizing-the-wealth-market-in-the-uk-and-its-growth-potential-canadean-ltd-300266514.html