Weatherproof® Poll Finds Barack Obama and Nancy Pelosi to be Most Stylish Politicians
NEW YORK, Aug. 19 /PRNewswire/ -- President Barack Obama and Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi were voted the most stylish politicians, according to Weatherproof®'s Substance vs. Style poll. Close to 18,000 people voted on the Style vs. Substance poll which was published on Huffington Post's Style section from August 2nd through August 8th.
Most Stylish FEMALE politician (from most stylish to least)
- Nancy Pelosi, Speak of the House
- Kathleen Sebelius, Secretary of Health and Human Services
- Hillary Clinton, Secretary of State
- Mary Bono, California, Congresswoman
- Jennifer Granholm, Michigan Governor
- Barbara Boxer, California Senator
- Kirsten Gillibrand, New York Senator
- Sarah Palin, Former Alaska Governor
- Michele Bachmann, Minnesota, Congresswoman
- Mary Landrieu, Louisiana Senator
Most Stylish MALE politician (from most stylish to least)
- Barack Obama, President of the United States
- Bill Clinton, Former President of the United States
- Scott Brown, Massachusetts, Congressman
- Aaron Schock, Illinois, Congressman
- Andrew Cuomo, New York State Attorney General
- Arnold Schwarzenegger, California Governor
- Mitt Romney, Former Governor of Massachusetts
- Eric Cantor, Virginia, Minority Whip
- George W. Bush, Former President of the United States
- John Boehner, Ohio, House Minority Leader
"I am not totally surprised by the results of this survey," said Eliot Peyser, CEO of Weatherproof®. "We knew that President Barack Obama would top the most stylish list, because he is fan of Weatherproof® jackets, and Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi has undoubtedly become a style icon with her trademark power suits and Tahitian pearls," Peyser added.
Weatherproof® is a leading value-driven brand in men's, women's and children's apparel. Started in 1990 by Freddie Stollmack and Eliot Peyser of David Peyser Sportswear, the first collection revolutionized the fabric industry in menswear with the introduction of microfiber. From that starting point, the collection evolved into wools, leathers, microsuedes, faux shearlings, and water resistant polyester "ultra-tech" fabrics. In addition to their men's, women's and kids collections, the company has twelve licensees including pants, hosiery, hats and gloves, activewear, dress shirts, footwear, bedding, gift items, luggage, slippers and umbrellas.
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.