HOUSTON, Nov. 19, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Transwestern's Houston headquarters today announced it has been awarded the leasing assignment for Solon Industrial Park, a 27,000-square-foot industrial development. The development, located at Highway 249 and the Sam Houston Tollway, is being developed and designed by Webb Development.
The development will incorporate numerous sustainable features to provide an office-warehouse environment that is energy and resource efficient:
- Rainwater harvesting system providing both detention capabilities and water source for site irrigation and supplement to gray water system
- Gray water system to recover water from lavatories and HVAC condensation for reuse in flushing toilets and urinals
- High solar reflectance metal roof panel system
- One-inch insulated, medium tint, low-e coating glazing
- Building wall panels to include day lighting panels
- Low volatile organic compound materials and paints at interiors
- Low-flow faucets and water-efficient plumbing fixtures in toilets and urinals
- Recycling of construction materials
Tim Gregory, senior vice president of healthcare advisory services, and Jude Filippone, vice president of industrial services, will lease the property on behalf of Webb. Currently being pre-leased, the project is scheduled for delivery in the third quarter of 2014.
"We are extremely excited to be a part of this tremendous development," said Gregory. "The project will contain a sustainable rain harvesting feature that will be utilized to irrigate the landscape. We have seen sustainable architecture in the office sector, but Webb leads the industry in developing this concept for the industrial sector."
Transwestern is a privately held real estate firm specializing in agency leasing, property and facilities management, tenant advisory, capital markets, development, research and sustainability. The fully integrated global enterprise leverages competencies in office, industrial, retail, multifamily and healthcare properties to add value for investors, owners and occupiers of real estate. Transwestern facilitates better decision-making for clients by combining penetrating local market intelligence and macro-market research through its affiliate, Delta Associates. Transwestern has 34 U.S. offices and assists clients through more than 181 offices in 40 countries as part of a strategic alliance with Paris-based BNP Paribas Real Estate. For more information, please visit www.transwestern.net and follow us on Twitter: @Transwestern and @TranswesternHOU.