NEW YORK, Jan. 31, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Weber Shandwick, a leading global public relations firm, today announced that it has been named one of America's Top Workplaces by WorkplaceDynamics. The firm was ranked #125 nationwide among 872 organizations with more than 1,000 employees that participated in regional top workplaces programs.
The National Top Workplaces list was determined solely by feedback gathered through an objective employee survey. The survey was conducted by WorkplaceDynamics, LLP, the leading on-demand employee survey provider, in conjunction with 30 leading regional newspapers.
"We're delighted to be recognized as a top workplace in America. People are attracted to Weber Shandwick as an employer because we have the best talent in the PR industry, an incredible roster of global clients and a reputation for creating award-winning campaigns," said Cathy Calhoun, North American president of Weber Shandwick. "And they stay because of our highly collaborative culture and our commitment to nurture, develop and reward our employees through some very innovative programs."
Noteworthy Best Workplace Honors and Innovative Programs
Weber Shandwick prides itself on being an employer-of-choice, committed to initiatives that have resulted in numerous best places to work and family-friendly awards.
Recent accolades include:
- "Top 50 Employers for Gen Y Emerging Talent" in Chicago by Brill Street + Company
- "2012 Best Places to Work" by the Dallas Business Journal
- "Chicago's Best Workplaces for Women" by Crain's Chicago Business
- "Top 4 Employers for Social Media Professionals" by Mashable
Some of the more innovative employee programs offered by Weber Shandwick include:
- No Boundaries: Selected participants are given a stipend and an extra paid week off to experience a new activity that enriches them professionally and personally. No Boundaries participants have gone swimming with tiger sharks in the Bahamas, volunteered in a Nicaraguan health clinic, taken a photo-journey in South Dakota and embarked on a culinary tour of Tuscany. Participants contribute to a blog so that their experiences can be shared with their colleagues.
- Body, Soul, Mind: Staffers are reimbursed for health, wellness and cultural activities throughout the year.
- Making A Difference: Weber Shandwick supports the communities in which it operates through pro-bono community outreach programs and recognizes the significant contributions of our colleagues' efforts in our annual Making A Difference awards program. We're now in our seventh year!
- MyWeberShandwick: A cutting-edge internal social sharing and community-building platform that allows colleagues across the globe to collaborate and communicate.
About The Survey
The Top Workplaces program accurately reflects the opinions of employees through measurement of engagement, organizational health and employee satisfaction. The survey is utilized year after year by human resource professionals and C-suite executives nationwide as the gold standard in internal measurement of organizational health and employee satisfaction.
About Weber Shandwick
Weber Shandwick is a leading global public relations firm with offices in 81 countries around the world. The firm has won numerous awards for innovative approaches and creative campaigns including being named both The Holmes Report's 2012 Global Agency of the Year and the "Most Creative PR Firm in the World," based on the agency's first-place finish in its "Creative Index," as well as PR News' 2012 Digital PR Firm of the Year. Major practice areas include consumer marketing, healthcare, technology, public affairs, financial services, corporate and crisis management. The firm has deep, award-winning expertise in social media and digital marketing that helps drive engagement. Weber Shandwick is part of the Interpublic Group (NYSE: IPG). For more information, visit http://www.webershandwick.com.
About WorkplaceDynamics Founded in 2006, WorkplaceDynamics is the fastest-growing employee survey provider in the United States. Based on their "on-demand" employee survey, last year they surveyed more than 5,000 organizations, polled 1.7 million people and handled over a million employee responses.
SOURCE Weber Shandwick