LONDON, Dec. 2, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- The global weight loss and weight management market is expected to reach $206.4 billion by 2019 from $148.1 billion in 2014, growing at a CAGR of 6.9% from 2014 to 2019. The weight loss and weight management market is categorized on the basis of diets, equipment, and services.
Factors such as rising obesity rates, increasing risks of lifestyle diseases, increasing number of bariatric surgeries, increase in disposable incomes, and technological advancements are driving the growth of the weight loss and weight management market. Furthermore, strong government support and funding is another major factor promoting growth of this market. For instance, the U.K. government started the"Change4Life initiative" in 2009, a multipronged approach that encourages behavioral changes in people and includes marketing strategies such as advertising campaigns, websites, resources, and partnership opportunities to encourage people to eat well and live longer. Moreover, the U.K. government announced the launch of "Call to Action on Obesity" program. This program aims to set a weight reduction trend among children and adults by 2020. The program has also issued a calorie reduction challenge to the food and beverage industry to reduce daily calorie intake. Such support is likely to provide impetus for growth of this market.
The relatively untapped Asian region provides an array of growth opportunities for the weight loss and weight management market. Large population base, rapid urbanization, increasing disposable incomes, rising prevalence of obesity, and growing awareness and health consciousness among citizens are the factors responsible for the growth of this market. To leverage these market opportunities and to reduce the manufacturing and distribution costs, various market players are building manufacturing facilities and strengthening their sales force in these developing economies. However, high cost of low-calorie diets and deceptive marketing strategies adopted by industry players are hindering the growth of this market.
Apart from the comprehensive geographical analysis, product analysis, and market sizing, the report also provides a competitive landscape that covers the growth strategies adopted by industry players over the last three years. In addition, the company profiles comprise basic views on the key players in the weight loss and weight management market and their product portfolios, developments, and strategies adopted by market players to maintain and increase their market shares in the near future. The above-mentioned market research data, current market size, and forecast of future trends will help key players and new entrants to make informed decisions regarding product offerings, geographical focus, and change in strategic approach, R&D investments for innovations in products and technologies, and levels of output in order to remain successful.
Reasons to Buy the Report:
The report will enrich both established firms as well as new entrants/smaller firms to gauge the pulse of the market, which in turn will help firms garner a greater market share. Firms purchasing the report can use any one or a combination of the below mentioned five strategies (market penetration, product development/innovation, market development, market diversification, and competitive assessment) for strengthening their market shares.
The report provides insights on the following pointers:
- Market Penetration: Comprehensive information on the product portfolios of top players in the weight loss and weight management market. The report analyzes the weight loss and weight management market by diet, equipment, and services
- Product Development/Innovation: Detailed insights on upcoming technologies, R&D activities, and new product launches in the weight loss and weight management market
- Competitive Assessment: In-depth assessment of market strategies, geographical and business segments, and product portfolios of the leading players in the weight loss and weight management market
- Market Development: Comprehensive information about lucrative emerging markets. The report analyzes the market for various weight loss and weight management products across geographies
- Market Diversification: Exhaustive information about new products and services, untapped geographies, recent developments, and investments in the weight loss and weight management market
Download the full report: https://www.reportbuyer.com/product/2720695/
Reportbuyer is a leading industry intelligence solution that provides all market research reports from top publishers