NEW YORK, Dec. 23, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- As the food world has changed, so has the way we think about eating and cooking. Whether you're a novice or a seasoned cook, this complete guide to cooking the Weight Watchers® way - that is, delicious, satisfying and healthy fare that runs the culinary gamut from classics to new favorites - provides all the information and tools you need to put amazing meals on the table without spending hours in the kitchen.
An all-encompassing compendium that includes more than 300 new recipes - everything from the basics (think stocks and sauces); tasty light bites and appetizers; speedy weeknight meals, as well as guest-impressing dinners; rut-busting salads and side dishes; big-batch dishes perfect for making on the weekend; delicious cookies, cakes and treats; and meals and menus ideal for entertaining - WEIGHT WATCHERS WHAT TO COOK NOW is ideal for anyone who wants to become a smarter cook who can whip up dishes the entire family will love.
More than 50 recipes are customized for readers following Simple Start – the new two-week starter plan from Weight Watchers designed to provide a helpful on-ramp to weight loss success with the PointsPlus® program. Simple Start is built on a foundation of satisfying Power Foods, which are the healthiest and most filling food choices within categories, including whole grains, lean proteins, non-fat dairy and fresh fruits and vegetables.
All of the recipes include nutritional info and PointsPlus® values, as well as great tips and ideas for recipe substitutions or tricks that any cook will value.
A sampling of the recipes includes:
- Maple Raisin Bran Muffins
- Turkey Noodle Soup with Butternut Squash
- Meatball Sandwiches with Sun-Dried Tomato Sauce
- Grilled Flank Steak with Tomato Mint Salsa
- Thyme-Crusted Roast Pork Loin with Apricot-Port Sauce
- Spicy Tuna Cakes with Salsa
- Ginger-Lime Chicken Skewers
- Walnut Chicken Salad with Broccoli
- Oven-Roasted Kale with Caramelized Onions
- Maple-Orange Mashed Sweet Potatoes
- Chocolate Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Frosting
- Sour Cream Bundt Cake with Pecan Streusel
- Ruby Grapefruit and Lime Granita
In addition to recipes, the book also features plenty of new information on smart cooking techniques and how-to's, such as:
- Grilling, braising, pan searing and sautéing
- Must-have kitchen tools that should be in every modern cook's kitchen
- Lists outlining the well-stocked pantry, including the condiments needed to make flavorful global fare
- The latest rules on food safety
- Need-to-know information on choosing and preparing fresh fruits and veggies, as well as shopping for sustainable seafood and rotisserie chicken
- Fresh ideas for infusing great flavor and variety into all your meals, including breakfast, lunch and snacks; and much more
Whether in search of a quick-fix family dinner, a week's worth of menus or fancy dinner party fare, WEIGHT WATCHERS WHAT TO COOK NOW helps you to prepare smart, delicious foods in a snap.
About Weight Watchers International, Inc.
Weight Watchers International, Inc. is the world's leading provider of weight management services, operating globally through a network of Company-owned and franchise operations. Weight Watchers holds over 40,000 meetings each week where members receive group support and learn about healthy eating patterns, behavior modification and physical activity. WeightWatchers.com provides innovative, subscription weight management products over the Internet and is the leading Internet-based weight management provider in the world. In addition, Weight Watchers offers a wide range of products, publications and programs for those interested in weight loss and weight control.
WEIGHT WATCHERS WHAT TO COOK NOW: 300 Recipes for Every Kitchen
Price: $29.99/Paper over Board
Publication Date: Dec. 24, 2013
Includes 70 color photographs
SOURCE Weight Watchers