NEW YORK, Aug. 23, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Fashion icon, style guru and celebrity stylist Stacy London, host of TLC's What Not To Wear and Style Correspondent on NBC's Today show, will join Westfield shopping centers beginning this Fall to launch WESTFIELD STYLE. This is a national campaign to instill women of every age, budget, and body type with greater style confidence and self-esteem needed to build a fashionable wardrobe.
The WESTFIELD STYLE fashion program includes:
- Westfield Style Tour - Westfield's signature total sensory fashion experience will visit 8 Westfield centers in top national markets including the New York, Los Angeles, Chicago and San Francisco areas this September and October.
- Westfield STYLE Magazine – To be published in September 2011, this hybrid magazine/manual ("magual") will feature custom content and original photography focused on Westfield's top forty Fashion retailers, and will be distributed to households in 14 Westfield markets and at New York's Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week.
- Stylist Service – Style for Hire, a network of stylists trained by London, will offer free monthly style workshops at select Westfield centers and also have their personal stylists available year-round for paid one-on-one consultations.
- Westfield STYLE Digital – Also launching in the fall and stemming across four digital channels (web, email, social and mobile), relevant and exciting Fashion content and interactive tools will be available to Westfield shoppers
In her new role as Creative Director of WESTFIELD STYLE, London will host fashion shows, lend her insider knowledge and share her secrets for a fashionable lifestyle to thousands of real women across the country. Serving as the public face of the WESTFIELD STYLE campaign, London will take on these three key roles:
- Host of the Westfield Style Tour
- Editor-in-Chief of the new Westfield STYLE magazine
- Lead stylist of the Style For Hire team providing year-round styling services at Westfield
The award-winning Westfield Style Tour, now in its third year, provides visitors with an opportunity to attend runway fashion shows, indulge in free beauty makeovers, and receive free professional style consultations and wardrobe fittings with London's team of stylists from Style For Hire. London will kick off the 2011 Tour by offering style advice to customers and personally teaching them how to put together the perfect outfits. The Tour will incorporate Westfield retailers like H&M, Banana Republic, Ann Taylor and XXI Forever with curated presentations of the season's best looks, including recommendations for particular style preferences, budgets, and occasions.
London will also serve as Editor-in-Chief for Westfield STYLE Magazine, Westfield's inaugural how-to fashion manual, with editorial features on the latest fall trends, along with profiles on Westfield retailers and their hottest product lines. Combining her fashion expertise and luxe print editorial experience, London will create and curate special content through editorial that literally serves as a "fashion road map" for shoppers. Quite simply, Westfield STYLE Magazine will answer the equation of what to wear for any age, budget or body type.
Lastly, London will bring her team of top trained stylists from Style For Hire to Westfield centers across the country. These experts will be available year-round to lend one-on-one, personalized style advice to Westfield
"My exciting partnership with Westfield is all about creating the most unique and individualized shopping experience for the consumer," says Stacy London. "Through this multi-level approach, we can empower every shopper to find her individual style easily and efficiently. By taking advantage of all the merchandise Westfield retailers have to offer, sharing all the latest trend information, and providing trained stylists at Westfield locations, we are, in effect, redefining what it means to shop. I want customers to enjoy their shopping experience again rather than be frustrated by it, make informed purchases, and most importantly, LOVE the way they look!"
In addition to announcing a long-term partnership with London, Westfield also announces an expanded relationship with IMG Fashion, the producers of New York's Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week. IMG, which has collaborated on the Westfield Style Tour since its inception, will now also provide inspiration for and be fully integrated into all aspects of the WESTFIELD STYLE program.
"With these partnerships, Westfield's goal is to be the indispensable fashion facilitator for style-conscious women of all ages," says Lee Sterling— Vice President of Marketing for Westfield's Fashion Platform. "WESTFIELD STYLE will provide our customers with insider, professional fashion and beauty advice through multiple channels and ultimately raise awareness of Westfield's fashion retailers."
The Westfield Group (ASX: WDC) is an Australian-based company with interests in 119 shopping centers in Australia, New Zealand, the United Kingdom and the United States. In the U.S., the Group has a portfolio of 55 shopping centers that are home to more than 9,000 specialty stores and comprise approximately 63 million square feet of leasable space in California, Connecticut, Florida, Illinois, Indiana, Maryland, Nebraska, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio and Washington.
For more information, please visit: www.westfield.com