PARAMUS, N.J., Jan. 26, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Westfield Garden State Plaza—hailed as one of the most influential malls in the country for retail brands—is moving forward with a stylish makeover and amenities upgrade that includes the opening of a new Dining Hall; interactive children's play area; fully redesigned interior spaces and seating; exterior improvements; and new customer-focused digital conveniences.
After recently remodeling the property with new valet parking areas, new points of entry, sparkling modern restrooms, and elegant flooring—the upcoming project (to commence in February 2017) will enhance Garden State Plaza's status as the best retail destination in the tri-state area with the most complete collection of goods, services, food, and fashion.
In many ways, this process of revitalization exemplifies Westfield's strategy to elevate experiences for consumers with fantastic dining, hospitality, events, entertainment, and technologies all playing essential roles.
A majority of project work will occur after mall hours in order to minimize impacts on Garden State Plaza shoppers.
Project details include:
- A revitalized Dining Hall and interactive play area. Opening in October 2017.
- Introduction of new state-of-the-art digital media screens.
- Fully redesigned interior spaces, seating, and amenities—as well as new accent painting and lighting improvements.
- The introduction of curated art displays and sculptures.
- Interior and exterior landscaping.
- Parking lot lighting and paving improvements.
- Roof replacement.
- New building and energy management system.
- Replacement of heating and cooling systems with improved efficiencies.
- A comprehensive upgrade of IT infrastructure including improved Wi-Fi, wayfinding and beacon technology and communication, music systems, and digital services for retailers.
- The integration of cutting-edge new security operations systems and ultra-modern back-of-house access control systems.
Of course, the Garden State Plaza experience is always rooted in its unbeatable blend of shops that offers something stylish for everyone. The most recent favorite brands to arrive on the property include Design Within Reach, Zara, Kneipp, Vineyard Vines, Philosophy (its first physical store concept), IntimissimiItalian lingerie, and Penhaligon's.
Later this year, the property's retail lineup will be made even more dynamic with the arrivals of Amazon Books, Nespresso, Fabletics, Mighty Quinn's BBQ, and the first Marc Cain store in the United States.
"We are truly excited about Westfield Garden State Plaza's aesthetic and digital upgrades," saidSenior General Manager, Bryan Gaus. "This revitalization will allow us to be on the forefront of creating truly unique and memorable shopping experiences for our customers."
About Westfield Garden State Plaza
Westfield Garden State Plaza is the ultimate destination for fashion, dining and entertainment in the NY/NJ metro area offering the best selection of brands in every retail category, and is renowned for delivering cutting-edge, new retail concepts to market. Just minutes from Manhattan in Paramus, N.J., millions of shoppers each year enjoy an unparalleled shopping and dining experience, complete with personalized services and amenities.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/westfield-garden-state-plaza-gets-a-fresh-new-look-300397576.html
SOURCE Westfield Garden State Plaza