CHICAGO, July 8, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- The Club Industry Show returns to Chicago in October for the longest running premier event for every segment of the fitness industry. The conference and trade show, produced by Penton, will be held Oct. 22-24, 2014, at McCormick Place Lakeside Center in Chicago, will bring together thousands of fitness and wellness professionals to scout the latest trends in equipment and technology, learn about emerging group exercise concepts, participate in educational sessions, and network with a cadre of fitness movers and shakers. Club Industry is bound to be booming with energy for the 28th year running.
"Living physically fit is becoming the mantra of more and more people. Every attendee and exhibitor at Club Industry set the stage for this advancement in wellness each year, and together, we are moving this marker to create a healthier world," said Pamela Skaggs, Club Industry Show Manager.
Club Industry draws commercial club operators, such as Life Time Fitness and 24 Hour Fitness, as well as those in the non-profit, corporate, medical wellness, university, government and military markets. The fastest growing segment of attendees to the show include specialized studio owners in the world of cycling, yoga, Pilates and Crossfit, as well as personal trainers and group exercise instructors.
"We have created a wider variety of opportunities for individuals at all levels and from all segments to interact with their peers in an educational and fun setting through our receptions, our CEO Summit and our new Fitness Leadership Forum," said Pamela Kufahl, director of content and engagement for Club Industry. "Our Top 100 reception will offer a unique opportunity for one lucky winner."
The Fitness Leadership Forum will debut this year, structured as a one-day learning and networking opportunity for top-level fitness facility owners and senior executives to improve their business practices and discuss fitness trends that are affecting their facilities.
"The timing of Club Industry is perfect for us because it allows Star Trac to get in front of existing and potential customers before the year's end. We have in the past used this show as a way to highlight a new product and gain feedback from the industry before officially launching the product. The Club Industry team likes out of the box thinking so it's fun to plan with them what our show floor space can be," says Vanessa Klapper, Sr. Marketing Manager for Star Trac.
The agenda for Club Industry 2014 includes:
- A conference program designed to hit on every facet of running the most successful club, inspiring personal growth and delivering insight to where the industry is heading.
- Keynote speaker, Gerry O'Brion, who will pack strategies and case studies into his thought-provoking and actionable address.
- Returning exhibitors and sponsors includingTechnogym, Star Trac, SPRI, ABC Financial, and ASF International.
- New exhibitors to the show floor, including Jillian Michaels Bodyshred, ReebokONE, Fluidity Gym, Pliteq Flooring, and Prime.
- The Top 100 Clubs reception on Thursday evening, recognizing the top revenue-generating clubs based on Club Industry's annual survey. CEOs of some of the top clubs will share what has made them successful during the past year.
- The PFP Trainer of the Year Award, recognizing one of the industry's top trainers.
- Club LIVE and Early Morning Workouts, returning with the latest in group fitness concepts, classes and techniques.
- The CEO Summit, returning for its fourth year. This invitation-only small group symposium allows owners and CEOs of the top revenue-generating club companies to share compelling business content, learn from and participate with a panel of peers, and network with other top leaders.
About Club Industry Show
Club Industry Show, produced by Penton, is the premier annual independent fitness industry event focusing on for-profit and not-for-profit facilities. The combination of unmatched professional development, strategic business solutions and industry networking make Club Industry a must attend event for the fitness business professional.
Penton drives performance for more than sixteen million professionals each and every day. They rely on us to deliver: Insights, information & workflow tools to inform critical business decisions; networking & community to engage them with industry peers & partners; and data & marketing services to advance their business performance & deliver ROI. They look to Penton to power the possibilities.
Penton is a growth company with a track-record of strong performance and success and is backed by its co-owners: MidOcean Partners and U.S. Equity Partners II, an investment fund sponsored by Wasserstein & Co., LP.
For additional information on the company and its businesses, visit www.penton.com.
Club Industry Show
Phone: (303) 998-9232