WHAT: Sixth Annual VPI K9K Pet Cancer Awareness Walk in Long Beach - Sunday, November 11
Hundreds of Pet Owners to Walk on Behalf of Current or Past Dogs Stricken with Cancer
BREA, Calif., Nov. 8, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
- Partnering with the Animal Cancer Foundation (ACF), Veterinary Pet Insurance (VPI) will host the 6th Annual VPI K9K Cancer Awareness Walk to raise funds for pet cancer research, the number one disease-related killer of dogs in the United States
- The VPI K9K Pet Cancer Awareness Walk will feature a fun-filled 3K (1.8 miles) walk for both pets and people
- Majority of participants are walking and raising money in honor of a current or past dogs who were stricken with cancer
- All registration fees will be donated to the Animal Cancer Foundation (ACF), a non-profit organization that strives to advance the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of cancer in pets and people
- Registrants for the VPI K9K Pet Cancer Awareness Walk receive entry to the K9K, a commemorative T-shirt, a bandanna for their pooch, and other post-event refreshments/snacks
- For more information or to register, visit VPIK9KLongBeach.com
- VPI is the nation's oldest and largest provider of pet health insurance and received nearly 50,000 claims for cancer diagnosis and treatment in pets last year
- November is National Pet Cancer Awareness Month – VPI will donate $1 to the Animal Cancer Foundation for every "like" on its Facebook page through Nov. 30
Sunday, Nov. 11, 2012
Registration Begins: 9:00 A.M.
Walk Time: 10:00 A.M. – 11:00 A.M.
Shoreline Village Lighthouse Peninsula, Long Beach, California
320 Golden Shore St.
Long Beach, Calif.
SOURCE Veterinary Pet Insurance Co.
More by this Source
Tips for Traveling with Pets
May 20, 2013, 09:15 ET
Veterinary Wellness Visits Keep Pet Costs Down
Mar 05, 2013, 09:00 ET
February is Pet Dental Health Month
Jan 31, 2013, 08:30 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.