What's New in South Walton for 2012
SOUTH WALTON, Fla., Jan. 6, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- South Walton, a strand of 15 beach neighborhoods along Northwest Florida's coast, is a timeless destination where families return to relive cherished vacation memories. There are many new experiences awaiting visitors in 2012, including:
New Arts & Culture Offerings
- Carmike Cinema is currently building a 10-screen, 1,800-seat movie theater at Grand Boulevard in the Sandestin neighborhood of South Walton.
- For years, musicians and music lovers have flocked to South Walton to take part in its thriving performing arts scene. On July 4, 2011, Tommy Jackson opened the First Note Music Hall in Santa Rosa Beach.
- In conjunction with the annual 30A Songwriters Festival, taking place January 13-15, South Walton will unveil a custom song inspired by the destination. Co-written and recorded by Susanna Hoffs of The Bangles, "This is the Place" showcases the many memories that are made along the destination's sugar-white sand and turquoise waters.
Entertaining Events for the Whole Family
- South Walton will welcome the ANNIKA & Friends Event to Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort, May 12-13. All proceeds from the event will go to the ANNIKA Foundation, which teaches children the importance of living a healthy lifestyle. The star-studded event will also feature country music star Darius Rucker, who will perform a headline concert May 13.
Expanded Dining Options
- While food trucks aren't a brand new addition to South Walton, they are increasingly popular throughout the destination's beach neighborhoods. Award-winning chef Derryck Adams recently opened Derryck's Pastries, a delightful concession stand in Dune Allen.
Foodie Dietrich is another new addition to South Walton's growing food truck scene. Chef Jamie Dietrich travels throughout South Walton, serving gourmet sandwiches and classic Southern favorites like shrimp and grits.
Seaside is home to many food trucks, including the new Wild Bill's Beach Dogs, which serves some of the healthiest hot dogs available. All of their dogs are grass-fed and contain no nitrites, nitrates, hormones or antibiotics.
Finding Your Perfect Beach is Now Easier than Ever
- Travelers from the Washington, D.C., area now have expanded options to make finding their perfect beach in South Walton easier than ever. U.S. Airways announced that it will add daily, non-stop flights from Reagan National Airport (DCA) to Northwest Florida Regional Airport (VPS) in Ft. Walton Beach beginning March 25.
For more new South Walton offerings, view the expanded news release.
SOURCE Visit South Walton