LOS ANGELES, Dec. 17, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Sony Pictures Television has launched its new Wheel of Fortune game in celebration of the Emmy-Award winning show's 30th season. Now available worldwide for iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Android and Kindle Fire, Wheel of Fortune expands on the gameplay fans know and love with the addition of Pat Sajak as host, a story mode that takes players through 30 years of Wheel of Fortune's rich, iconic history, and a "Pass & Play" mode to instantly play against family and friends.
Players feel like real contestants on America's most popular game show as Pat Sajak guides gamers through a true-to-show experience. Featuring customizable avatars, themed content and numerous puzzles crafted by the show staff, Wheel of Fortune provides hours of captivating gameplay.
Key Features of Wheel of Fortune:
- Meet Pat Sajak – For the first time, 3D Pat Sajak will guide players through an authentic Wheel of Fortune experience - watch his style change as he travels back through time in story mode
- Single Player Solo Mode – A new story-based career mode takes players on a journey through the sets of Wheel of Fortune's rich 30-year history
- Pass & Play – Challenge family and friends in person to step up to the wheel and take a spin in this head-to-head multiplayer mode
- Avatar Personalization – Players can customize their in-game avatars with a full set of features – from hairstyles and eyewear to clothing items and other accessories
- Achievements – Unlock achievements by completing various actions in the game, such as progressing through Solo Mode or winning the Jackpot
- Universal App – Download the game once and play on other compatible devices
- Themed Content – Themed puzzles and avatar items are now available for purchase for even more Wheel of Fortune fun (e.g. Monster Pack, School Time, Night on the Town, etc.)
"New players will fall in love with the new features and gameplay modes while longtime fans will discover a refreshing twist to the iconic brand," said Philip Lynch, SVP, Digital Networks & Games.
Celebrate 30 years of America's Game with Wheel of Fortune's new mobile experience. Wheel of Fortune is now available for $2.99, with additional content available via in-game purchase:
App Store on iPhone, iPad and iPod touch - https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/wheel-of-fortune/id568556189
Amazon Appstore for Android* - http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00AMR1HZ8
*Android versions are available exclusively on the Amazon Appstore through 1/13/13.
For more information on the Wheel of Fortune mobile game, visit: http://www.wheeloffortune.com/games/mobilegames/
Sony Pictures Television (http://www.sonypicturestelevision.com), a Sony Pictures Entertainment company, is one of the television industry's leading content providers. It produces and distributes programming in every genre, around the world and for a multitude of platforms. In addition to one of the industry's largest libraries of award-winning feature films, television shows and formats, Sony Pictures Television (SPT) boasts a current program slate that includes top-rated daytime dramas and game shows, landmark off-network series, original animated series and critically acclaimed primetime dramas, comedies and telefilms. SPT has 18 wholly-owned or joint venture production companies in 15 countries outside the U.S. and also maintains offices in 32 countries. SPT's worldwide television networks portfolio includes 124 channel feeds available in 159 countries, reaching more than 800 million households worldwide. SPT also creates original content for and manages SPE's premium video website, Crackle. Additionally, SPT owns production company Embassy Row and is a part owner of cable channel Game Show Network (GSN), 3D channel 3net, premier horror/thriller website and VOD service FEARnet and national U.S media sales company ITN Networks, Inc. SPT advertiser sales is one of the premier national advertising sales companies and handles the commercial inventory in SPT's syndicated series as well as in U.S. digital businesses including FEARnet, DrOz.com and PlayStation.
SOURCE Sony Pictures Television