REDDING, Calif., Aug. 25, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Summer is winding down and Oregon is about to enter its rainy season. What's an Oregonian to do? Visit Redding, CA of course! With 300+ sunny days per year, Redding is the perfect place to get away, stay dry and enjoy the great outdoors. It's time to take advantage of the direct flights from Portland to Redding and enjoy the good weather while summer slides into fall.
Alaska-based PenAir began offering direct flights from Redding Municipal Airport to Portland International earlier this year. Two daily flights make it easy to get out in the morning, or after lunch, and it's only a one hour 35 minute flight, versus the nearly seven hour drive! As the Redding Airport likes to say, "it's our way or the highway!"
With mountains all around, miles of hiking and biking trails, national parks nearby, and the Sacramento River running through it, Redding is an outdoor paradise for young and old alike. Cradled by Mount Shasta and Mount Lassen, Redding is in the center of it all and also offers a variety of attractions.
Redding offers 61 square miles of fun, so you'll want transportation to get around, once your plane hits that blessed California soil. Consider these options:
- Getting around Redding is easy with familiar rental car brands, available at the airport
- Limos are plentiful for making a romantic getaway that much more memorable, and if you're bringing the whole lacrosse team, the party bus can add to the thrill of victory... or assuage the agony of defeat
- If you just need to get from your hotel to a concert, Redding's cab companies and Uber drivers are awaiting your call
- Travel by bike, kayak, or drift boat is also pretty common, but not many restaurants offer kayak parking
- Bus service can help you navigate within the city, but you'll have to make other plans if you're going out to the lakes, waterfalls, or national parks.
To discover all the adventures and attractions Redding has to offer, and for additional information about the many amenities in Redding and Shasta Cascade, visit www.visitredding.com and book your hotel, B&B or RV site today.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/when-the-rainy-season-begins-in-oregon-stay-sunny-in-california-in-redding-300318221.html
SOURCE Visit Redding