When to Start Potty-Training Your Little One
LONDON, December 2, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
As with all milestones, there's no magic age that toddlers are ready for potty training. Every child progresses in their own time and it's important to start potty training when your little one shows signs of readiness.
Emma Kenny, child psychologist and brand ambassador for Huggies® Pull-Ups®, says: 'Potty training is an important stage in a child's development and parents are often unsure when to begin this journey.
'There is no definitive timescale as every child develops at their own rate so parents need to be aware of the tell-tale signs that their child is ready to begin. It's important not to compare one child to another, regardless of similarities in age; it is important to remember that, like their personalities, every child is different and their time will come.'
Children are often ready for potty training when they can show three or more of the following Huggies® Pull-Ups® 8 Signs of Readiness.
8 Signs of Readiness
1. Your child stays dry for two hours or more at a time, or is dry after a daytime nap
2. Your child tells you in words or by behaviour that wearing a wet nappy is uncomfortable, and needs changing
3. Your child asks to use the potty or the toilet
4. You usually know when your child is likely to have a poo
5. Your child asks to wear potty training pants or normal underwear
6. Your child can understand and follow simple instructions, like 'bring me the potty, please'
7. Your child can show in behaviour, or can use words, to let you know they need a wee or a poo
8. Your child can pull their pants up and down
For more information about when to start visit http://www.pottytraining.co.uk/starting-out
SOURCE Huggies Pull-Ups
More by this Source
When to Start Potty-training Your Little One
Dec 02, 2013, 12:49 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.