Where To Go Now & How Guide: Travel Ticker Announces Top 5 Sizzling Summer Hot Spots
Travel Experts Create New Quarterly Guide Naming Best Destinations Based on Seasonal trends, and Value
SAN FRANCISCO, June 22, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- The deal experts at Travel Ticker®, a leading inspirational travel website, today announced the first Where To Go Now & How Guide. The Travel Ticker team has years of experience traveling the globe and hunting for great bargains. Now, they're using their insider information to reveal the destinations that offer the best overall experience and value for each season. To form the list, Travel Ticker will look at local trends like weather and tourist traffic, as well as entertainment options, cultural experiences, and the available deals in each locale.
"Different destinations present both opportunities and challenges that depend on the time of year, and it's difficult to keep track of all that information," said Angela Lyda, Senior Editor of Travel Ticker. "For example, some off-seasons still have great weather, and some peak seasons still have amazing prices. We created our Where To Go Now & How Guide to highlight the best places and to share insights that travelers may not have found on their own."
Below are the top five destinations in Travel Ticker's Summer 2011 Where To Go Now & How Guide:
1. Chicago – Peak season, but with big value.
- Why Now: From the summer festivals, Wrigley Field bleacher seats, Millennium Park concerts, walking along Lake Michigan, to outdoor shopping and dining – it's no secret that Chicago is enjoyed to its fullest in the peak summer months. And with Chicago surrounded by numerous unique neighborhoods, there is plenty of this city to go around for each visitor.
- Value: Hotel rates are higher in the summer, but only by about $20-$30 compared to the off season. This makes the Windy City one of the most affordable "splurges" considering the big experiences that you can have. It's also tends to be one of the lower-priced big cities in the country to fly into as well. Hotel rates range from $99-$139.
- How: 40% off Chicago hotel w/upgrade, breakfast + more -- $139+ – The Amalfi Hotel Chicago starts at $139 on select dates, June 29-September 9. Stay near the Magnificent Mile, plus get a complimentary room upgrade, breakfast, cocktails, & WiFi.
2. Peru – Off season means exotic savings.
- Why Now: Our summer is Peru's winter and off season, which equates to great travel values. The weather averages 65 degrees in Peru during the winter months, but is still pleasantly tropical in many places. There are also fewer tourists, so you can experience local culture to its fullest in spots like Machu Picchu, Lima, and the Inca ruins. For these reasons, now is the perfect time to fall in love with Peru.
- Value: Save up to $200 per person on packages in summer and $300 per person by traveling in early September, as compared to the peak season.
- How: Peruse this: $200 off a Peru excursion – Gate 1's 10-day trip includes a flight to Lima, hotels in 4 cities, transfers, breakfast & tours (including Machu Picchu) from $1,699*. Valid select dates, June 24-December 30.
3. Las Vegas – Off season, sizzling deals in an indoor city.
- Why Now: Summer is Sin City's off season and yes, it is hot outside, but that's what the renowned pool facilities and air-conditioned restaurants and casinos are for. The off season is always a good time to take in the amazing nightlife, acclaimed shows, concerts and entertainment without the threat of high prices or sell-outs. Plus, hotels offer more incentives during summer in the form of complimentary extras for dining, entertainment and more.
- Value: Save up to 30% on rates compared to peak season and use that savings for a show!
- How: Vegas Strip stay with club passes + VIP perks -- from $119 – South Beach style and nightlife on the Vegas Strip. Tropicana Las Vegas is offering stays from just $119 that include VIP passes for the chic, new Club Nikki and Nikki Beach, and late checkout. Travel now-September 30.
4. Myrtle Beach – Peak season and very affordable beach option.
- Why Now: While summer is Myrtle Beach's peak season, it's still a great budget-friendly destination. The weather is much more enjoyable than other times of year, averaging in the low 70s, and the city really comes alive in the summer months with live entertainment, water sports, dining, shopping and plenty of beach to go around. In addition, many rooms are studio-style and include kitchenettes, so it's a great money-saving destination for families.
- Value: Rates range from $39-$69 midweek, and $69-$99 on weekends.
- How: 35% off Myrtle Beach resort w/waterpark & breakfast, $119+ – 300-ft lazy river, 14 pools, 1 low rate. The beachfront Landmark Resort in Myrtle Beach offers all that, plus a water park and daily breakfast for two from $119 midweek, June 26-August 6. Weekends are just $10 more.
5. Guatemala – Off season, adventurous and budget-friendly.
- Why Now: The summer months translate to the rainy season in Guatemala, but the rain is reliably tropical and light. This makes for the perfect time to explore Guatemala City and Chichicastenango (try saying that three times fast), tour Antigua, the ancient church of Santo Tomas, or go on an excursion to the picturesque Lake Atitlan.
- Value: Save up to $350 per person on packages, as compared to the peak season.
- How: Guatemala tour w/air, hotel, excursions, & breakfast, $599+* – A complete Central America trip -- an exclusive $50 discount. Get a round-trip flight to Guatemala, 4 nights in 2 cities, transfers, breakfast, and tours from $599*. Valid select dates, June 21-December 27.
*Prices are per person, based on availability, and do not include additional taxes and fees. Other restrictions may apply. Please see site for more details.
Travel Ticker is an online inspirational travel website that is home to some of the best hand-picked, insider deals at many of the world's favorite destinations. With an ear to the ground and an eye for the unique, Travel Ticker's experts provide users with a geo-targeted platform to browse for researched travel bargains, the latest travel trends, and editorial insight. Travel Ticker is an independent business unit of The Hotwire Group. For more information, visit us at http://www.travel-ticker.com/ and join us on Twitter (@travel_ticker) and Facebook.
Travel Ticker and the Travel Ticker logo are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Hotwire, Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other logos or product and company names mentioned herein may be the property of their respective owners. © 2011 Hotwire, Inc. All rights reserved. CST# 2053390-40
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.