White Castle gives Angel's Night Volunteers "what they crave," while keeping Detroit safe
DETROIT, Oct. 29, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- White Castle restaurants will open its dining rooms to provide FREE hamburgers and beverages to thousands of Angel's Night volunteers guarding abandoned houses and buildings in Detroit. The annual Angel's Night is a three-day anti-arson campaign from October 29th-October 31st.
"It is an awesome job organizing thousands of volunteers," says Mason Wolf, Regional Director of White Castle System, Inc. "We are so glad we can at least feed them as these volunteers work to keep the city safe," he added. "A lot of these volunteers are our customers and we want to support their efforts and their communities."
Detroit Mayor Dave Bing will be visiting White Castle on Woodward at Baltimore October 30th at 5pm when Angel's Night volunteers will also be picking up free meals.
White Castle System, Inc. has donated tens of thousands of hamburgers and refreshments to Angel's Night (formerly Devil's Night), since the project started over a decade ago.
REQUIREMENTS FOR VOLUNTEERS TO RECEIVE FREE WHITE CASTLE HAMBURGERS AND DRINKS
- TIME: 6:00 P.M. to 3:00 A.M. (food is available)
- LOCATIONS: No drive-thru. Pick up inside only.
- REQUIRED ATTIRE: This offer is valid only for the volunteers wearing the Angel's Night T-shirt.
- FOOD: 2 hamburgers and a small soft drink or ice tea or 2 hamburgers and a small hot beverage (coffee or hot chocolate).
- DATES: October 29th, 30th and 31st
- Volunteer may receive the snack (during the designated hours) as often as they like.
WHITE CASTLES WHERE VOLUNTEERS CAN PICK UP FOOD
- 21400 Woodward Ave. (Ferndale) (48220)
- 20703 Gratiot (Eastpointe) (48021)
- 6301 W. Warren (Detroit) (48210)
- 1930 Michigan Ave. (Detroit) (48216)
- 20409 James Couzens Fwy. (Detroit) (48235)
- 10500 Gratiot (Detroit) (48213)
- 2400 Schoolcraft (Redford) (48239)
- 8811 Greenfield (Detroit) (48228)
- 6711 8 Mile Rd. (Warren) (48091)
- 15365 Wyoming Ave. (Detroit) (48238)
- 6364 Woodward Ave. (Detroit) (48202)
- 10500 Gratiot (Detroit) (48213)
- 2735 W. Davison (Detroit) (48238)
- 22365 Grand River Ave. (Detroit) (48219)
- 16737 Harper Ave. (Detroit) (48224)
FOR MORE INFORMATION OR TO ARRANGE INTERVIEWS CONTACT:
Margo Williams at (313) 618-3168 or (702) 870-5221
Mattie Majors (313) 434-1316
Donna Lamphere (248) 660-5569
See locations on the White Castle Facebook page.
About White Castle
White Castle is a family-owned business based in Columbus, Ohio that owns and operates more than 400 restaurants in 11 states. The company was founded in Wichita, Kansas in 1921 and is America's first fast-food hamburger chain. All White Castle Sliders are made from 100-percent USDA approved beef. White Castle's new loyalty program, Craver Nation launched in May. For more information on White Castle and Craver Nation, visit www.whitecastle.com and cravernation.whitecastle.com.
SOURCE White Castle
More by this Source
Turn White Castle "Red" With Donations To The Red Cross This Valentine's Day
Feb 10, 2014, 07:00 ET
10 Weddings to be Held at White Castle on Valentine's Day
Feb 07, 2014, 09:35 ET
Celebrate Valentine's Day With Steam-Grilled Romance At White Castle
Jan 20, 2014, 07:00 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.