Whitestar(R) and MAPSearch(R) Establish Strategic Marketing Partnership
Two leaders in energy-related geospatial information offer complete data solution.
HOUSTON and DENVER, July 9 /PRNewswire/ -- Whitestar, an established vendor of digital land grid, oil and gas well information and culture data and PennWell Corporation's MAPSearch, the leading provider of energy infrastructure data layers, announced a strategic partnership that will bring together their complementary product offerings to create a complete data solution for energy industry cartography and analysis. Whitestar base layers, extensive well and culture data, and digital imagery blend seamlessly with MAPSearch's energy infrastructure layers. This new collaboration will start with the co-marketing and selling of their respective product lines. Both companies offer complete coverage of North America.
"Whitestar is an ideal strategic partner for MAPSearch," says Edward Metz , Vice President and General Manager of MAPSearch, "our clients look for us to be standard setters, and Whitestar's products are established best-in-class for well spots, land grid and other culture data. Working together we feel we can deliver even more value for our clients."
Combined data coverage includes:
- WhiteStar Grid – Public Land Survey for the United States, Texas Land Surveys, and Offshore State and Federal Waters.
- WhiteStar Culture - a seamless nationwide digital mosaic of base map information layers including roads, rivers, city boundaries, geologic maps, oil and gas fields and Texas contours.
- WhiteStar Wells – More than four million oil and gas well records and formation top data from state records converted to a common format and calculated to the land survey data.
- MAPSearch Pipelines & Facilities - Over 1,000,000 miles of gathering, transportation, and distribution lines for crude oil, natural gas, petrochemicals, NGL and other hydrocarbon-based commodities plus all midstream-related facilities- from compressor stations to refineries.
- MAPSearch Electric Power- fully spatially-adjusted transmission lines, substations, and power plants.
- Imagery – Compiled from the best available sources, types, and resolutions.
According to Robert White , founder and president of Whitestar, "We found in MAPSearch another company that spends extraordinary time and energy adding value to the content it collects. Like us they are not content to sit still or simply pass through data. Our land grid, culture and well spot data are used by petroleum geologists, landmen and others who need top-flight data to execute on time critical strategic projects. MAPSearch serves the same community."
For over thirty years, MAPSearch has been the leading provider of geospatial information for energy-related maps, atlases and digital databases that have become the industry standards. MAPSearch is part of PennWell Corp, a 100 year old highly diversified, business-to-business media company providing authoritative print and online publications, conferences and exhibitions, research, databases, online exchanges and information products to strategic global markets. For more information, visit www.mapsearch.com or www.pennwell.com.
Since 1990, Whitestar has been providing digital cartographic products and expert service for clients in the Upstream Oil and Gas Exploration, Pipeline, Forestry, and Natural Resources industries. Whitestar has eliminated the data processing, file searching, maintenance, and other heavy lifting so that clients can map strategically from national datasets. WhiteStar puts the map data layers where clients need them - right on the desktop or in your enterprise implementation, and maintains them - guaranteed. No hidden costs. http://www.whitestar.com.
Contact: Edward Metz
SOURCE PennWell Corporation
More by this Source
PennWell Corporation anuncia a abertura da PennWell do Brasil Holdings Ltda.
Apr 10, 2013, 18:40 ET
PennWell Corporation Announces the Opening of PennWell do Brasil Holdings Ltda.
Apr 10, 2013, 10:36 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.