Whole Lotta Love for the Mobile Web - Debuting All New Opera Mini 6 and Opera Mobile 11
OSLO, Norway, March 22, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Can't get no satisfaction from the mobile Web? Then you will fall head over heels for the new Opera Mini and Opera Mobile browsers launched today, now also available to cherish on tablets. Opera's mobile browsers are the world's most popular, the weapon of choice for 100 million people worldwide, used on more than 3000 devices. If you still haven't found what you are looking for, there is an Opera out there available for you. Download to your phone from: m.opera.com and don't stop til you get enough.
What's new, pussycat?
- Smooth operator: Improved scrolling, panning and zooming make the Opera Mini and Opera Mobile browsers the sweetest thing to hit mobile devices since the Opera Mini 5 browser.
- Pinch-to-zoom: Feel free to twist and shout now that Opera's features include true pinch-to-zoom on devices that support pinch.
- Sharing: When you find something, let it be ... shared. The new versions feature a share button, so you can easily post, Tweet (twiddly-diddly-deet), or just shout it out loud on Facebook, vKontakte or My Opera.
- Now also optimized for tablets: Is it any wonder? Opera for tablets brings smooth browsing to your tablet PC with a brand new interface that is sure to rock you like a hurricane.
What we say
"If you've lost that loving feeling for the Web on your phone or tablet, don't let it bring you down. Just try one of our browsers," said Lars Boilesen, CEO, Opera Software. "The sun always shines on TV, but the Opera browser shines on more than 3000 devices."
Who are you? The difference between the Opera Mini and Opera Mobile browsers
- The Opera Mini browser uses Opera's servers to shake, rattle and roll webpages down to a tenth of their original size before sending them to your phone. Because the data transferred is smaller, pages arrive faster than the speed of sound. On a pay-as-you-go plan, the Opera Mini browser dramatically cuts the price you pay, because the data you use is greatly reduced. The Opera Mini browser makes any device Internet savvy.
- The Opera Mobile browser gives you the whole of the moon on smartphones and tablets. The strange magic of HTML5? Check. Full, high fidelity web browsing? Check. Sharing the same Opera Presto browser engine found in Opera's desktop browser, the Opera Mobile browser is the premier option for fast, powerful browsing when on unlimited Internet data plans or Wi-Fi.
- The Opera Mini 6 browser brings the fireworks to J2ME, Android, BlackBerry and Symbian/S60 phones.
- The Opera Mobile 11 browser sings hallelujah on the Android, Symbian, Windows 7 desktop and MeeGo platforms.
What you waiting for? Walk this way with your mobile device: m.opera.com.
Read more at http://www.opera.com/mobile/next/.
Screenshots are available at http://www.opera.com/press/resources/.
About Opera Software ASA
Opera Software ASA has redefined web browsing for PCs, mobile phones and other networked devices. Opera's cross-platform web-browser technology is renowned for its performance, standards compliance and small size, while giving users a faster, safer and more dynamic online experience. Opera Software is headquartered in Oslo, Norway, with offices around the world. The company is listed on the Oslo Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol OPERA. Learn more about Opera at http://www.opera.com/.
SOURCE Opera Software ASA