NEW YORK, Oct. 18, 2016 /PRNewswire/ --
"Factors such as growing demand for low capital expenditure, reduced total cost of ownership, centralized management, and remote troubleshooting are driving the Wi-Fi as a Service market."
The Wi-Fi as a Service market size is estimated to grow from USD 1.18 billion in 2016 to USD 5.94 billion by 2021, at a CAGR of 38.1%. The market is driven by factors such as low CAPEX and total cost of ownership, ease of management and remote troubleshooting, faster deployment, and end-to-end visibility. However, cloud connectivity failure that may hamper business-critical functions is acting as a restraint that is hindering the growth of Wi-Fi as a Service adoption.
"Network planning and designing is expected to have the largest market share in 2016."
The network planning and designing service is an important part of the Wi-Fi as a Service ecosystem. In the Wi-Fi as a Service market space, this service is outsourced from the vendors and thus saves the organizational cost to hire network engineers for this service. The network engineers have to compare and evaluate the technical requirements and also need to decide on the type of wireless network required, according to the area and customer requirements.
"Outdoor user location is expected to grow at the highest rate during the forecast period."
Outdoor user location includes deployments in an open space with large coverage area such as public places, citywide deployment, transportation sector, and others. The outdoor user location segment is expected to grow significantly during the forecast period due to easy network connectivity for the users from remote location and any smart device. The rising need for Wi-Fi as a Service in the transportation sector helps people stay connected on their way travelling from one place to another.
"Asia-Pacific (APAC) projected to grow at the highest CAGR."
North America is expected to hold the largest market share in 2016, while APAC is the fastest-growing region in terms of CAGR. Due to rapid digital transformation in this region, the need for managed IT services is increasing. Further, as broadband and mobile infrastructure is improving in this region, the mobile workforce and BYOD trend is also gaining momentum. Moreover, cloud emergence and mandatory government regulations are simultaneously helping in boosting the growth of the Wi-Fi as a Service market in the region.
The break-up of profiles of primary participants is given below as:
- By Company: Tier 1 – 36%, Tier 2 – 40%, and Tier 3 – 24%
- By Designation: C level – 44%, Director level – 37%, Others – 19%
- By Region: North America – 49%, Europe – 30%, APAC – 14%, ROW- 7%
The various key Wi-Fi as a Service providers profiled in the report are as follows:
1. Cisco systems, Inc. (Cisco Meraki) (San Jose, California, U.S)
2. Rogers Communications Inc. (Toronto, Canada)
3. Ruckus Wireless, Inc., A BROCADE COMPANY (California, U.S.)
4. Singapore Telecommunications Limited (Singtel)(Singapore)
5. Telstra Corporation Limited (Melbourne, Australia)
6. ViaSat Inc. (California U.S.)
7. ADTRAN, INC. (Huntsville, Alabama, U.S.)
8. Aerohive Networks, Inc. (California, U.S.)
9. Aruba, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company (Sunnyvale, California, U.S.)
10. BigAir Group Limited (Sydney, Australia)
11. Fujitsu Limited (Tokyo, Japan)
12. iPass Inc. (Silicon Valley, U.S.)
13. Mojo Networks, Inc. (California, U.S.)
14. Zebra Technologies Corporation (Lincolnshire, Illinois, U.S.).
The Wi-Fi as a Service market has been segmented based on service type, user location, organization size, industry vertical, and region. A detailed analysis of the key industry players has been done to provide key insights into their business overview, products and services, key strategies, new product launches, partnerships, agreements, collaborations, expansions, and competitive landscape associated with the Wi-Fi as a Service market.
Reasons to buy the report
The report will help the market leaders/new entrants in this market in the following ways:
- This report segments the Wi-Fi as a Service market comprehensively and provides the closest approximations of the revenue numbers for the overall market and the subsegments across different verticals and regions.
- The report helps stakeholders to understand the pulse of the market and provides them information on key market drivers, restraints, challenges, and opportunities.
- This report will help stakeholders to better understand the competitors and gain more insights to better their position in the business. The competitive landscape section includes competitor ecosystem, new product developments, partnerships, and mergers & acquisitions.
Read the full report: http://www.reportlinker.com/p04230317-summary/view-report.html
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution. Reportlinker finds and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need - instantly, in one place.
Contact Clare: firstname.lastname@example.org
Intl: +1 339-368-6001
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/wi-fi-as-a-service-market-by-service-type-user-location-organization-size-vertical-and-region---global-forecast-to-2021-300347244.html