TOKYO, Jan. 22, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- The Wi-SUN® Alliance, a global ecosystem of organizations creating interoperable wireless solutions for use in energy management and smart-utility network applications, today announced worldwide availability of its Global Certification Program, including stringent testing and seamless interoperability for wireless Smart Utility Network (SUN) devices using IEEE 802.15.4g.
The new Wi-SUN Alliance Global Certification Program includes:
- Testing and Supervision by TUV Rheinland Group, a leading provider of technical services with a global network of qualified test facilities with locations in 65 countries.
- PHY Conformance Testing based on specifications from IEEE 802.15.4g. The PHY test plan was developed in a rigorous, phased process, and approved by Wi-SUN Alliance membership.
- PHY Interoperability of Smart Utility Network systems based on IEEE 802.15.4g products from multiple silicon vendors. Products are verified for operation in international regulatory bands from three continents including Asia, North America and South America.
- Interface Conformance Testing for wireless modules based on specifications from the Wi-SUN profile for ECHONET Lite approved by Wi-SUN alliance membership, which includes MAC, Adaptation, Network, and Transport layers, as well as security configuration.
- Interface Interoperability for wireless modules based on the specification from the Wi-SUN profile for ECHONET Lite. Products are verified for operation in Japan.
"We thank the dedication of Wi-SUN Alliance Members and TUV Rheinland, in creating a robust Certification Program enabling multi-vendor networks to serve current and future needs of local utilities," Phil Beecher, Chairman of the Wi-SUN Alliance. " Our membership continues work on additional Smart Utility Network interoperability profiles, including Field Area Network (FAN) and machine-to-machine communication (M2M). The validation regimen announced today creates the formal foundation for accelerating that work towards certification."
Technology providers successfully completing the Wi-SUN Alliance Global Certification Program are entitled to use the "Wi-SUN Certified" logo and mark, which signifies that their products have been formally tested and validated to be both IEEE 802.15.4g conformant and interoperable.
For more information on the Wi-SUN Alliance Global Certification Program, please visit: www.wi-sun.org.
About the Wi-SUN Alliance
The Wi-SUN Alliance is an association of companies working together to enable reliable, cost-effective, low-power wireless Utility products based on open global standard IEEE 802.15.4g. The Wi-SUN Alliance comprises solutions from original equipment manufacturers worldwide. Membership is open to all corporations. Additional information may be found at www.wi-sun.org.
SOURCE Wi-SUN Alliance