Will Your Data Center Make the Naughty or Nice List this Year?
Asset Vue Challenges Data Center Professionals to See What they Might Want to Change in 2014
BRISTOL, Pa., Dec. 9, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Is the IT staff more likely to say "Ho, Ho Ho!" or "Bah Humbug!" when it comes to data center audits and asset management in your organization? Often the answer depends on the audit process and type of data center asset management (DCAM) system in place. "Does your data center staff see you as a benevolent Kris Kringle with a bag filled with tech marvels to help them do their jobs or an Ebenezer Scrooge keeping them working late and on weekends to complete last minute audits?" asks John Consoli, Executive Vice President of Asset Vue, a provider of RFID based asset management and data center management solutions. Consoli offers a few hints as to whether a data center manager and team may find their data center makes the Naughty or Nice list this year.
Is Your Data Center on the Naughty or Nice List?
Here are a few behaviors data center professionals should consider when it comes to data center audits and data center asset management best practices.
- Failing to tag and track assets as they enter the data center.
- Failing to maintain an up-to-date database of assets and upgrades.
- Failing to upgrade assets that because they can't be easily located in the data center.
- Failing to document moves, adds and changes (MACs) in the data center.
- Failing to locate data center zombies (servers and other equipment kept running, even though it has been replaced by newer equipment)
- Being able to answer questions about data center assets in real time (without breaking a sweat).
- Reducing data center operating costs through proper inventory management.
- Completing audits accurately, on time and on budget.
- Getting the data center staff home for the holidays (no more Mr. Scrooge running the data center).
- Using RFID tags, scanners and an asset database to tag and track assets in the data center.
"If you check off more items from the second list, you're probably running your data center with a proper data center asset management system. If you've checked off more items from the first list, you might want to do some holiday shopping and planning to improve data center audits and asset management for next year," says Consoli.
Want to learn more?
- Watch a complimentary Data Center Asset Management interview with IT veteran Rich Werner as he discusses DCIM, DCAM, and RFID at http://bit.ly/1eeqx2A
- Watch an explainer video of how the Asset Vue DCAM system can help your data center stay on the Nice list: http://bit.ly/18JlXFf
About Asset Vue
Asset Vue, LLC is a Bristol, PA-based provider of RFID based asset management and data center management solutions. The company offers technology designed to solve the kinds of regular challenges faced by "data center people" in their daily roles and their strategic responsibilities that is not found in other tools. The passive-RFID solution represents the culmination of living and working through the daily challenges faced by data center management and leadership across the industry. The company's executive leadership and product development staff bring vast, direct experience from the world of data center operations, where they have worked with some of the world's most complex and most high-profile data center operations. For additional information, please visit www.assetvue.com
SOURCE Asset Vue
More by this Source
Five Ways to use RFID to Save Time and Money in the Data Center
Nov 19, 2013, 10:06 ET
Locate and Control the Zombies in Your Data Center
Oct 16, 2013, 10:06 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.