Windstar Cruises Announces Its 2011-2012 Sailings
New Voyages in The Baltic, The Holy Land, Caribbean and Costa Rica
SEATTLE, March 29 /PRNewswire/ -- Windstar Cruises, which operates a three-ship fleet of luxury yachts that explore hidden harbors and secluded coves of the world's most sought-after destinations, announces its 2011 and Winter 2012 season which include new Baltic, Holy Land, European, Costa Rican, Caribbean and Transatlantic voyages.
"We are excited to premiere a new collection of diverse itineraries that give our guests a wealth of cruise choices," said Diane Moore, President of Windstar Cruises. "These are truly extraordinary voyages to enchanting destinations."
New Baltic Voyages:
Architectural wonders, monuments, picturesque villages and dramatic landscapes are some of the sites on Baltic cruises:
- Seven-day sailing on Wind Spirit from Le Havre, France to Oslo, Norway departs July 9, 2011, and visits Dieppe, France; Oostende/Brugge, Belgium; Amsterdam, Netherlands (overnight); and Kristiansand, Norway.
- Seven-day sailing on Wind Spirit from Oslo, Norway to Stockholm, Sweden departs July 16, 2011, and visits Goteberg, Sweden; Arhus, Denmark; Copenhagen, Denmark; Warnemunde, Germany; and Visby, Sweden.
- Seven-day sailing on Wind Spirit Stockholm, Sweden roundtrip departs July 23, 2011, and visits Helsinki, Finland; Tallinn, Estonia; and St. Petersburg, Russia (overnight).
- Seven-day sailing on Wind Spirit from Stockholm, Sweden to Oslo, Norway departs July 30, 2011, and visits Visby, Sweden; Warnemunde, Germany; Copenhagen, Denmark; Arhus, Denmark; and Goteberg, Sweden.
- Seven-day sailing on Wind Spirit from Oslo, Norway to Le Havre, France departs August 6, 2011, and visits Kristiansand, Norway; Amsterdam, Netherlands (overnight); Oostende/Brugge, Belgium; and Dieppe, France.
New Holy Land Voyages:
Rich with history, ancient ruins, museums and archeological sites, the Holy Land sailings also feature optional excursions to Cairo and pre- and post-cruise programs to Jerusalem.
- 10-day sailing on Wind Star from Athens, Greece to Ashdod, Israel departs October 15, 2011, and visits Santorini, Greece; Rhodes, Greece; Alanya, Turkey; Limassol, Cyprus; and Port Said, Egypt (overnight).
- 11-day sailing on Wind Star from Ashdod, Israel to Athens, Greece departs October 25, 2011, and visits Haifa, Israel; Port Said, Egypt (overnight); Limassol, Cyprus; Marmaris, Turkey; Patmos, Greece; and Idra, Greece.
New European Voyages:
These European sailings highlight World War II sites, charming towns, castles, fishing villages and offer an optional post tour to Paris.
- Seven-day sailing on Wind Spirit from Lisbon, Portugal to Le Havre, France departs July 2, 2011, and visits Porto, Portugal; Brest, France; Roscoff, France; and Cherbourg, France.
- Seven-day sailing on Wind Spirit from Le Havre, France to Lisbon, Portugal departs August 13, 2011, and visits Cherbourg, France; Roscoff, France; Brest, France; and Porto, Portugal.
New Costa Rica Voyages:
New Costa Rica itineraries offer lush jungles, pristine beaches, abundant wildlife and a Panama Canal Transit.
- Seven-day sailings on Wind Star from Puerto Caldera, Costa Rica to Colon, Panama depart December 31, 2011 & February 4, 2012, and visit Bahia Drake, Costa Rica; Golfito, Costa Rica; Isla de Cobia, Panama; Panama Canal Transit; and San Blas Islands, Panama.
- Seven-day sailings on Wind Star from Colon, Panama to Puerto Caldera, Costa Rica depart January 7 and February 11, 2012, and visit San Blas Islands, Panama; Panama Canal Transit; Isla de Cobia, Panama; Golfito, Costa Rica; Bahia Drake.
New Caribbean Voyages:
Vibrant ports, white-sand beaches and azure waters are some of the elements that comprise these cruises.
- Seven-day sailings on Wind Surf from Barbados to St. Martin depart January 7, February 11, March 24, 2012, and visit Mayreau, The Grenadines; Pigeon Island, St. Lucia; Le Marin; Cabritts, Dominica; Marie Galante, Guadeloupe; and St. Barts, F.W.I.
- Seven day sailings on Wind Surf from St. Martin to Barbados depart January 14 and February 18, 2012, and visit Virgin Gorda, B.V.I.; St. Kitts, F.W.I.; lles de Saints, F.W.I.; Pigeon Island, St. Lucia; Bequia, The Grenadines; and St. George's, Grenada.
New Transatlantic Voyage:
- 13-day sailing on Wind Spirit from Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Spain to St. Martin, F.W.I. departs November 20, 2011.
The 312-guest Wind Surf begins its 2011 season with a series of 7-day roundtrip, northbound and southbound Barbados voyages from January through March. From April through November, Wind Surf operates 7-day Mediterranean cruises from Lisbon, Portugal; Barcelona, Spain; Rome, Italy; Nice, France; Venice, Italy and Athens, Greece. During December 2011 through March 2012, Wind Surf sails 7-day northbound and southbound Barbados voyages along with new itineraries between Barbados and St. Martin.
The 148-guest Wind Spirit offers 7-day roundtrip St. Martin itineraries from January through March 2011 and again in December 2011 through March 2012. From April through June, and mid-August through mid-November 2011, Wind Spirit sails Europe and Greek Isles itineraries from Lisbon, Portugal; Barcelona, Spain; Rome, Italy; Athens, Greece; and Istanbul, Turkey. In July and August, Wind Spirit premieres new European 7-day voyages from Lisbon, Portugal; Le Havre, France; Oslo, Norway; and Stockholm, Sweden.
The 148-guest Wind Star starts its 2011 season with 7-day Costa Rica cruises roundtrip from Puerto Caldera. From April through mid-October and in November, Wind Star operates Europe and Greek Isles itineraries from Lisbon, Portugal; Barcelona, Spain; Athens; Greece; Istanbul, Turkey; Rome, Italy; and Venice, Italy. In mid-October, Wind Star premiers two Holy Land voyages—a 10-day Athens, Greece to Ashdod, Israel itinerary and an 11-day Ashdod, Israel to Athens, Greece itinerary. In December, Wind Star sails a 14-day Panama Canal cruise followed by a 7-day Costa Rica cruise roundtrip from Puerto Caldera. From January through March 2012, Wind Star will operate four new 7-day Costa Rica itineraries that feature a Panama Canal transit along with 7-day roundtrip Puerto Caldera cruises.
Reservations for Windstar's 2011 and 2012 voyages will be open for bookings starting March 29 exclusively for Windstar Foremast alumni members and on April 12 for everyone. For more information on Windstar's itineraries, please visit www.windstarcruises.com or 1-800-258-7245.
About Windstar Cruises
Windstar Cruises operates three sailing yachts known for their pampering without pretense and their ability to visit the hidden harbors and secluded coves of the world's most treasured destinations. Carrying just 148 to 312 guests, the luxurious ships of Windstar cruise to nearly 50 nations, calling at 100 ports throughout Europe, the Caribbean and the Americas. For more information including rates and itineraries contact a professional travel agent or call Windstar at 1-800-258-7245. Visit Windstar Cruises online at www.windstarcruises.com.
Windstar is a division of Ambassadors International Cruise Group, LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Ambassadors Cruise Group, LLC.
SOURCE Windstar Cruises
More by this Source
Windstar Cruises 2014 European Voyages Open For Sale
Mar 26, 2013, 17:52 ET
Windstar Cruises Marches into Spring with Savings Sale
Mar 20, 2013, 12:46 ET
Windstar Cruises Announces Dreams of Tahiti Voyages Now Open for Sale
Mar 13, 2013, 08:53 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.