RICHARDSON, Texas, Jan. 9, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Wingstop celebrated a groundbreaking year in 2011 – opening 34 new restaurants, including its 500th location in Brooklyn, N.Y. – and reaching more than eight years of consecutive same store sales increases.
Additionally, Wingstop same store sales for the fourth quarter increased 9 percent over the same quarter last year, and 5.8 percent for the year-to-date.
"Last year was perhaps the most momentous in our 18-year history," said Jim Flynn, Wingstop president and CEO. "I'd like to thank our franchise brand partners, vendors and especially our corporate and restaurant staff. Wingstop has more than 5,500 team members in 500 restaurants across the U.S. and Mexico, and it's due to their hard work and dedication that we continue to grow and will open 60 new locations in 2012."
Among the company's achievements in 2011, Wingstop celebrated:
- Its 500th restaurant, now open in Brooklyn, N.Y.
- More than 8 straight years of positive comp store sales.
- Expansion in markets across the country, including New York, Baltimore, Atlanta, San Diego, Seattle, Milwaukee, Memphis, and many more.
- Ranking as a QSR Top 10 Best Franchise Deals and CNNMoney 10 Great Franchise Bets.
- Launching the Wingstop phone app, available now on iPhone and Android.
- Opening Wingstop Sports – a sports twist on the Wingstop concept, now open in Brownsville, Texas.
- Introducing Gliders, now a permanent item on the Wingstop menu.
- Debuting the 10th Wingstop flavor – Louisiana Rub, which has quickly become a fan favorite.
- Signing franchise agreements to open 130 new restaurants in the U.S.
- A master franchise agreement for 120 new locations in Mexico.
Headquartered in Richardson, Texas, Wingstop has 500 restaurants open across the United States and Mexico. The Wingstop menu features 10 wing flavors including Original Hot, Cajun, Atomic, Mild, Teriyaki, Lemon Pepper, Hawaiian, Garlic Parmesan, Hickory Smoked BBQ and the newest offering, Louisiana Rub. Wings are made fresh, cooked-to-order and customers can also choose from homemade side dishes including Wingstop's award winning fresh-cut seasoned fries. Wingstop has experienced eight consecutive years of positive sales increases, was named a Top 10 Best Franchise Deal by QSR magazine, was crowned Wing King at the National Buffalo Wing Festival and has been voted 'best wings' in markets across the country. Troy Aikman, three-time Super Bowl champion and Hall of Fame quarterback, has served as the chain's national spokesman since 2003 and recently joined the Wingstop Board of Directors. Wingstop was acquired in 2010 by Roark Capital Group, an Atlanta-based private equity firm that specializes in business and consumer service companies with attractive growth prospects and revenues ranging from $20 million to $1.0 billion. For more information visit wingstop.com, wingstopfranchise.com or facebook.com/Wingstop.