MINNEAPOLIS, March 15, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Catersource (CS2017), the world's premier educational resource and expansive network for the catering and events industry, in conjunction with Achievement in Catering & Events (ACE) Awards and International Catering Association (ICA) Catered Arts Through Innovative Excellence (CATIE) Awards, recognized top talent and achievements of several industry leaders across the catering and events community. Winners for each award category were honored during Catersource 2017, which took place March 12-15 at the New Orleans Ernest N. Morial Convention Center. For additional information please visit: ubm.io/tradeshow.
Achievement in Catering & Events (ACE) Award Winners: These awards recognize companies that have shown exemplary achievements in the catering and events industries.
- Catering, East Region, Operations Over 2 Million: Bold American Events
- Catering, West Region, Operations Under 2 Million: Cartewheels Catering
- Catering, West Region, Operations Over 2 Million: 24 Carrots
- Catering, East Region, Operations Under 2 Million: Tastebuds Custom Catering
- Events, East Region, Operations Under 2 Million: Jaclyn Watson Events
- Events, East Region, Operations Over 2 Million: Sodexo, Museum of Science and Industry
- Events, West Region, Operations Under 2 Million: Kristin Banta Events
- Events, International, Operations Under 2 Million: Cocoon Events Management Group
- Events, West Region, Operations Over 2 Million: A Fare Extraordinaire
ICA Catered Arts Through Innovative Excellence (CATIE) Award Winners: Presented by the International Caterers Association (ICA), these awards recognize exemplary culinary production at an event.
- Best Barbeque or Picnic Menu: Purple Onion Catering Company
- Best Buffet Presentation and Menu: Good Gracious! Events
- Best Celebration Cake: Culinary Capers Catering and Special Events
- Best Dessert: A Joy Wallace Catering, Design & Special Events
- Best Food Trend Incorporation: Catering by Design (CO)
- Best Hors d'oeuvre: Catering by Design (CO)
- Best Main Course Plate Presentation: Thomas Caterers of Distinction
- Best Plated Menu: Epicurean Group
- Best Tablescape Design: Culinary Capers Catering and Special Events
- Caterer of the Year: Marcia Selden Catering & Events
- Chef of Year: Keith Lord, The Wild Thyme Company
- Innovative Mixology: Thomas Caterers of Distinction
- Signature Caterer For Best Event: The Painted Table
- Signature Caterer For Best Multiple Day Event: Vicky Crease Catering + Events
- Signature Caterer For Best Wedding: Thomas Caterers of Distinction
Catersource 2018 will return to the Las Vegas, NV, from February 18 – 21, 2018.
- Facebook: facebook.com/Catersource
- Twitter: twitter.com/catersource_llc with official hashtag #CS2017
Catersource is the world's premier resource dedicated to the education and growth of catering and event professionals. Catersource provides the most expansive network relevant to the catering and events business, producing in-depth educational offerings at the largest industry conference and tradeshow. Catersource's live education also extends itself into the digital world year-round, with rich editorial content in its e-newsletter products, its website catersource.com, and in its annual January show issue, printed and mailed to over 30,000 industry influencers.
Catersource is organized by UBM plc. UBM is the largest pure-play B2B Events organizer in the world. Our 3,750+ people, based in more than 20 countries, serve more than 50 different sectors. Our deep knowledge and passion for these sectors allow us to create valuable experiences which enable our customers to succeed. Please visit www.ubm.com for the latest news and information about UBM.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/winners-of-prestigious-catering-and-event-industry-awards-announced-at-spark-awards-celebration-300424327.html