Winter Vacation Getaway Packages Sparkle in The Alleghenies
ALTOONA, Pa., Dec. 10, 2010 /PRNewswire/ -- As temperatures drop and the snow starts falling, The Alleghenies (www.thealleghenies.com) is 'heating up' with winter lodging packages to connect families with outdoor recreation and indoor "nesting" activities, while couples will enjoy the charm of romantic getaways.
"The Alleghenies offers a wealth of winter outdoor recreation activities, rich heritage and beautiful wintry landscapes," said Adrienne Eichenlaub, Regional Tourism Program Manager, The Alleghenies. "Visitors will find as much activity or as little, curled up by the fireplace at accommodations that range from cozy cabins to four-star luxury resorts."
Here are a few winter lodging getaways:
Christmas Tree Getaway Package (Starting at $170 based on four-person occupancy)
- Overnight accommodation with breakfast
- A $30 allotment towards a fresh Christmas tree
- Entrance to the Jimmy Stewart Museum and "It's a Wonderful Life" DVD
Stay & Ski Package (Starting at $138 based on double occupancy)
- A two-night condo rental
- Unlimited skiing from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Access to the pools, hot tubs, steam rooms and saunas
Raystown Lake Region
Girls Getaway Package (Starting at $150 based on double occupancy)
- Overnight accommodations
- Spa services available onsite
- Nearby access to antique and gift shops as well as wine tasting and craft classes
Laurel Highlands Region
Weekend Getaway Package (Starting at $179 based on double occupancy)
- Overnight lodging
- Unlimited skiing from 4 p.m. the day of arrival until 7 p.m. the day of departure
- One snowtubing session per person
Double Bubble Romance Package (Starting at $568 based on two-person occupancy)
- Two-night deluxe room accommodations and breakfast
- Complimentary champagne
- Romantic turn-down service
State College Region
"Fun & Games" Winter Getaway (Staring at $259 based on two-person occupancy)
- Two-night accommodations
- Pizza, popcorn, a family movie of your choice, a varied selection of games
- Half-day snow tubing pass at the Tussey Mountain Ski Resort.
Juniata Region/McConnellsburg Region
Look for upcoming lodging packages in these regions of The Alleghenies. In the meantime, there is a world of exciting winter outdoor recreation activities awaiting from cross-country/downhill skiing to ice fishing to ice skating to sledding and even snowmobiling. For more information visit www.thealleghenies.com/winter.aspx.
The Alleghenies: The Alleghenies Tourism Council is a partnership of organizations interested in further developing the tourism industry and economic development opportunities in an eight county region in Southcentral Pennsylvania. The Council works under the umbrella of the Southern Alleghenies Planning & Development Commission, a non-profit economic development agency. For more information on The Alleghenies, call 1-800-458-3433 or visit www.TheAlleghenies.com.
SOURCE The Alleghenies Tourism Council