With UEFA EURO 2012™ About to Kick off, Orange is Helping Fans Prepare Like Never Before
PARIS, June 6, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
- Version two of the Official UEFA EURO 2012™ mobile app with Orange brings geolocation and augmented reality features to help fans find the best ways to enjoy the tournament, whether at home or abroad
- New Supporters' Cup Shake & Shout application helps fans show their support for their team, win great prizes including tickets to the final, and create a digital memento of the tournament
- Orange countries offering roaming deals for fans travelling to the tournament, to help customers stay connected while away
With just days to go until UEFA EURO 2012tm unites football fans across Europe, UEFA and Orange are releasing new apps and services to help supporters get the most out of the tournament, whether at home or abroad.
UEFA and Orange have updated the Official UEFA EURO 2012™ mobile application to include geolocation and augmented reality features to help fans find friends, venues and more*:
- Friend finder will allow users to find their nearby friends to enjoy the matches together
- Venue finder shows where they can go to watch the matches either on a map, or through the augmented reality functionality through the phone's camera
- Video match highlights** (paid for content only available at midnight after the matches)
- Photo Fun allows fans to customise their photos to show their support for their teams
- Download the official UEFA EURO 2012™ mobile application here: http://bit.ly/JYk5Sv
In addition to UEFA's official mobile application, Orange has launched its own Supporters' Cup Shake & Shout app to win tickets and other great prizes by showing that they are the best supporter during the tournament.
- When the app is activated, it will record how loud a fan is cheering, whether that's at home in front of a TV or computer or outdoors at a stadium or pub. The app also records how much they are waving and moving their arms as they cheer their teams on throughout each match - showing just how much they are supporting their team.
- Fans compete against each other to show the most support for their team and to win tickets to the UEFA EURO 2012tmfinal, Sony Xperia smartphones, and other prizes.
- The app also creates a digital memento that fans can share with their friends - showing a timeline of their support against goals and other key match moments.
Finally, for fans who are attending the tournament - several Orange markets are offering roaming packages to help customers get the most out of their phones while they're visiting Poland and Ukraine. Fans should call Orange in their country to make sure they have the best bundle for their trip.
Orange is a proud sponsor of UEFA EURO 2012™ and is helping to connect football fans to the tournament through exciting digital experiences including the Orange Supporters' Cup (http://www.supporterscup.orange.com), the official UEFA EURO 2012™ mobile app (http://bit.ly/JYk5Sv), and a wide variety of competitions and promotions across Europe.
Orange is also helping to make UEFA EURO 2012™ possible by acting as the exclusive telecommunications partner in Poland - providing everything from IT solutions at the stadium, to the networks and technology services which are part of UEFA's solution to its Broadcaster Partners who will distribute the tournament around the world.
*Geolocation and augmented reality features are not available on the Java version of the application. Version 2 of the application for Windows Phone 7 and Bada will be available shortly.
** Premium match highlights are only available on iPhone, Android and Java handsets
For a full list of features by platform, please visit: http://oran.ge/JQjS2W
Orange and any other Orange product or service names included in this material are trademarks of Orange Personal Communications Services Limited, Orange France or France Telecom.
Simon Chan, email@example.com, +44(0)203-047-2433
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.