Wolf Trap Welcomes Steve Miller Band, REO Speedwagon, Rodrigo y Gabriela, and the Academy Award Winner for Best Original Song Among Its 13 Newly Added 2010 Shows; Tickets Available for Members Today
Latest Additions Cater to Lovers of Classic Rock, Arena Rock, Indie, and Pop with Several Debuts, Highly Anticipated Reunions, and the Artist Responsible for this Year's Best Original Song
***TICKETS ON SALE TO GENERAL PUBLIC SATURDAY, APRIL 10 AT 10 AM***
VIENNA, Va., March 16 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Wolf Trap Foundation for the Performing Arts announces 13 new shows for summer 2010, completing the third performance installment this year with featured artists that represent the best in classic rock, epic arena rock, indie, world, reggae, country, and pop. Notable shows include:
- Ryan Bingham, who co-wrote (with T-Bone Burnett) the 2010 Academy Award selection for Best Original Song from the film, Crazy Heart. A rising star, Bingham will open for alt-country fave Lyle Lovett.
- John Butler Trio, Australia's most successful independent band, will play alongside State Radio with their socially and politically conscious roots-reggae anthems led by Chicoree Stokes, former frontman for the disbanded Dispatch.
- Rodrigo y Gabriela, the fast-fingered flamenco-rock duo whose new album is a personal "gracias" to 11 influential musicians, both past and present, who have inspired them along the way.
"The 2010 summer season has a lot to offer audiences of all ages and tastes," said Terre Jones, president and CEO of Wolf Trap Foundation for the Performing Arts. "For the first time ever in Wolf Trap's history, we are pleased to announce shows continuously throughout the winter and spring months as they are booked, with the goal of offering our members and patrons greater convenience and flexibility in making their plans for the season."
Benefits and improvements inherent in the new strategy:
- Allows Wolf Trap patrons, members, and prospective members advanced access to their favorite summer performers;
- For a nominal $150 yearly contribution, members can acquire PREMIUM in-house seats for each set of announced shows, well in advance of subsequent public on-sales;
- Less overwhelming with four well-timed announcements and on-sales, allowing members and patrons to focus on smaller groups of artists, rather than roughly 100 all at once;
- Creates advanced buzz in the community surrounding Wolf Trap's vast summer offerings via word-of-mouth and social media.
The latest installment of shows features several debut acts alongside a number of Wolf Trap favorites.
Wolf Trap Debuts:
Boasting several debut performances in this third installment, with one more pending announcement in April, Wolf Trap welcomes the recently re-united Crowded House, performing their '80s pop hits, and selections from their newly released album, Time on Earth. On a co-bill with Pat Benatar, first timers REO Speedwagon arrive with their infectious American rock anthems, that have continued to hold their relevance through the '80s, '90s, and into the modern music era. Also debuting at Wolf Trap is Golden Dragon Acrobats from China, the Broadway-featured, premier Chinese acrobatic company known for their breathtaking acrobatics and intricate dance, set to a mix of ancient and contemporary music.
Old Friends…Fresh Performances
Wolf Trap welcomes back several performers who have experienced a relatively lengthy hiatus from the second largest stage in the U.S.— most notably Jimmy Cliff, Jamaican ska and reggae musician, and the lone surviving Order of Merit holder; a reunited Bachman & Turner in the midst of a world tour performing songs from their new album Rock 'N' Roll is the Only Way Out; and prog-rockers Yes on a co-bill with Peter Frampton.
Wolf Trap Favorites
While this is a smaller installment, a healthy dose of classic Wolf Trap performers round out this varied list. Tony Bennett returns for an incomparable evening of American popular song and jazz standards, as does Steve Miller Band with the real life guitar hero's revolutionary rock anthems, which have held their relevance since the 1970s. Wolf Trap also welcomes back the Backstreet Boys with their arsenal of dance-friendly pop hits, GRAMMY-Award-winning alt-rockers Train, and "Heartbreaker" Pat Benatar.
One final 2010 show announcements is scheduled for April 19, with a tentative on-sale date of May 8. Past and new Wolf Trap members are eligible for advance tickets beginning the day of the final announcement.
Continuing with efforts to present accessible and affordable arts experiences to the broadest possible audience, Wolf Trap offers tickets as low as $10, continues to allow patrons to bring their own food and beverages into the park, and provides public transportation and free parking for all shows at Wolf Trap National Park for the Performing Arts.
Tickets for Wolf Trap's 2010 performances can be purchased via the Wolf Trap Box Office located at Wolf Trap National Park for the Performing Arts at 1551 Trap Road, Vienna, Virginia; by calling 1 (877) WOLFTRAP; or online at www.wolftrap.org. For more information, please call Wolf Trap at (703) 255-1868.
SOURCE Wolf Trap Foundation for the Performing Arts