Women-Led Companies Offer Strong Benefits and Enjoy Growth Despite Economic Conditions
NEW YORK, Sept. 19, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Ninety percent of Women Presidents' Organization (WPO) membership, which is composed of presidents of multi-million dollar women-led companies, offers health insurance to their employees, which is in stark contrast to the national rate of 61 percent. According to the annual Economic Impact Study, which is sponsored by Wells Fargo a combination of economic conditions, being able to hire and retain the right employees, and government regulations present the greatest threats to the bottom line of multi-million dollar women-led businesses.
Yet despite uncertain and changing economic conditions, in 2012 the majority, 59 percent, of respondents experienced growth while an additional 29 percent remained stable. Furthermore, 71 percent were optimistic about their financial performance in 2012 relative to their performance in 2011.
"These statistics demonstrate the resilience and strength of companies owned by women entrepreneurs in the face of social and economic hurdles," said Marsha Firestone, Ph.D., president and founder of the WPO. "Our survey indicates that WPO members have found ways to retain and in many cases expand their employment while providing comprehensive benefits and competitive compensation. Members of the WPO exemplify the importance of adaptability, perseverance, and business savvy."
The WPO currently has 100 chapters with 1,600 members from four continents (North America, South America, Africa, Europe). The survey confirmed that the WPO has helped 82 percent of these women presidents manage their business, especially in these difficult economic times.
Optimism in Small Business
- 59 percent of members have experienced positive growth (51 percent in 2011)
- 71 percent are optimistic about their financial performance in 2012 relative to 2011 (57 percent in 2011)
- 76 percent of WPO members have six figure salaries (73 percent in 2011)
- 56 percent of member businesses have grown since joining (51 percent in 2011); 60% of these believe WPO has helped them grow (59 percent in 2011)
- 82 percent believe the WPO helps manage business concerns in the current economic climate (80 percent in 2011)
- 74 percent believe their WPO Chapter is the most valuable resource that WPO provides. (72 percent in 2011)
- 72 percent have conducted business with another WPO member (66 percent in 2011)
This survey was sponsored by Wells Fargo and had a sample size of 329 WPO members. Additional survey data and interviews are available upon request.
WPO members were surveyed for their responses in July/August 2012. Members responded in an anonymous electronic format.
About the WPO:
The WPO is the premier peer advisory organization connecting women who own multi-million dollar companies. In monthly meetings across four continents (US, Canada, Peru, South Africa and the UK) chapters of 20 women presidents – from diverse industries– invest time and energy in themselves and their businesses to drive their corporations to the next level. Local WPO chapters are coordinated by a professional facilitator and meet monthly to share business expertise and experience in a confidential setting. For more information, call 212-688-4114 or visit www.womenpresidentsorg.com.
Women Presidents' Organization
SOURCE Women Presidents' Organization