WomenHeart & Burlington Launch Nationwide Heart of Style Tour To Raise Awareness About the Importance of Women's Heart Health
WomenHeart and Burlington Team Up for the Third Year to Educate Women on Heart Disease, the Leading Cause of Death among Women
BURLINGTON, N.J., Jan. 31, 2014 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Did you know that heart disease is the leading cause of death among women? That's why WomenHeart: The National Coalition for Women with Heart Disease and Burlington, a national off price retailer, have once again teamed up to support women's heart health education and increase awareness for this chronic and life-threatening disease. To commemorate the third year of its partnership, WomenHeart and Burlington are pleased to announce the launch of their nationwide Heart of Style Tour. The mobile event will travel to select Burlington locations throughout the country to inform women coast to coast about heart disease as their leading health threat and empower them to take charge of their heart health.
Customers across the country are invited to stop by the Heart of Style Tour vehicle to experience a fun and informative women's oasis, complete with plush comfortable seating and stylish décor. Experienced heart health professionals will be on board to provide complimentary heart health screenings, consisting of blood pressure and Body Mass Index tests, as well as a risk factor questionnaire. In addition, bi-lingual educational materials will be provided by WomenHeart Champions, heart disease survivors and community educators. The tour will stop at each of the below Burlington locations from 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.*:
- 2/3 – Philadelphia, PA (1001 Market Street)
- 2/4 – Elizabeth, NJ (651 Kapkowski Street)
- 2/5 – Bronx, NY (2543 Webster Avenue)
- 2/7 – New York, NY (Union Square)
- 2/8 – Washington D.C. (11284 James Swart Circle, Fairfax, VA)
- 2/10 – Greensboro, NC (3022 High Point Road)
- 2/11 – Columbia, SC (302 Bush River Road)
- 2/13 – Atlanta, GA (6425 Old National Hwy, College Park, GA)
- 2/14 – Atlanta, GA (5900 Sugarloaf Parkway, Suite 605, Lawrenceville, GA)
- 2/17 – Miami, FL (5737 NW 7th Street)
- 2/18 – Miami, FL (1409 E. Hallandale Beach Blvd., Hallandale, FL)
- 2/19 – Miami, FL (590 West 49th Street, Hialeah, FL)
- 2/24 – Houston, TX (4426 North Freeway, Suite A)
- 2/25 – Houston, TX (16590 Interstate 45 S, Conroe, TX)
- 2/26 – Houston, TX (2812 Business Center Drive, Pearland, TX)
- 2/28 – Dallas, TX (3000 Grapevine Mills Parkway, Grapevine, TX)
- 3/1 – Dallas, TX (3131 Forest Lane, Suite 400)
- 3/6 – Albuquerque, NM (5001 Montgomery NE)
- 3/7 – Albuquerque, NM (3400 Calle Cuervo NW)
- 3/10 – Phoenix, AZ (4525 E. Thomas Road)
- 3/11 – Phoenix, AZ (5000 S. Arizona Mills Circle, Tempe, AZ)
- 3/12 – Phoenix, AZ (6225 East Southern Ave, Mesa, AZ)
- 3/14 – San Diego, CA (3962 Clairemont Mesa Blvd)
- 3/15 – San Diego, CA (7938 El Cajon Blvd, La Mesa, CA)
- 3/17 – Los Angeles, CA (245 East Magnolia Blvd, Burbank, CA)
- 3/18 – Los Angeles, CA (22835 Victory Blvd, West Hills, CA)
- 3/20 – Sacramento, CA (3671 N Freeway Blvd)
- 3/21 – Sacramento, CA (6145 San Juan Avenue, Citrus Heights, CA)
- 3/30 – Chicago, IL (1710 N Kostner Avenue)
- 3/31 – Chicago, IL (4510 South Damen Avenue)
*Date/Locationss are subject to change. Starting February 1st, be sure to visit BurlingtonCoatFactory.com/HeartofStyle and follow #HeartofStyle.
In addition, from February 1 through March 31, Burlington customers can support women living with heart disease by donating $1 or more at check-out to benefit WomenHeart and their mission to educate women about the importance of heart health and to support women living with the disease. As a thank you for donating, customers will receive 20% off their purchase at www.1-800Flowers.com. Burlington will also donate $1, up to $25,000, to WomenHeart for every dress sold.
"Burlington remains committed to educating women about the importance of heart health," said Tom Kingsbury, president and chief executive officer. "We have once again partnered with WomenHeart to raise awareness about heart disease. We are pleased to add a new educational element this year, the Heart of Style Tour as a way to engage with women one-on-one offering complimentary heart health screenings and life-saving education."
"Our partnership with Burlington means that more women nationwide will receive the life-saving services and resources necessary to live a heart healthy life," said Lisa M. Tate, Chief Executive Office of WomenHeart. "We look forward to supporting women throughout the country as they strive for better heart health!"
During the past two years, Burlington and its generous customers have raised more than $2 million to support WomenHeart and its free education and support services for women living with heart disease in communities throughout the country. It also enabled the organization to continue to support and educate Hispanic women – a high risk population for heart disease – through its Para la Mujer Hispana initiative.
Burlington is a national retailer offering style for less with up to 65 percent off department store prices every day. Departments include ladies' dresses, suits, sportswear, juniors, accessories, menswear, family footwear and children's clothing. It also includes an assortment of furniture and accessories for baby at Baby Depot, home décor and gifts, along with the largest selection of coats in the nation for the entire family. Burlington has more than 520 stores in 44 States and Puerto Rico. For more, visit www.BurlingtonCoatFactory.com.
About WomenHeart: The National Coalition for Women with Heart Disease
WomenHeart: The National Coalition for Women with Heart Disease is the nation's only patient centered organization serving the 42 million American women living with or at risk for heart disease – the leading cause of death in women. WomenHeart is solely devoted to advancing women's heart health through advocacy, community education, and the nation's only patient support network for women living with heart disease. WomenHeart is both a coalition and a community of thousands of members nationwide, including women heart patients and their families, physicians, and health advocates, all committed to helping women live longer, healthier lives. To receive a free on line heart health action kit or to donate, visit www.womenheart.org.
WomenHeart Chief Executive Officer Lisa M. Tate is available for media interviews on:
-The Heart of Style tour and WomenHeart's partnership with Burlington
-National trends in women's heart health
-The need for increased awareness of heart disease in women
-Gender differences in cardiovascular care
SOURCE WomenHeart: The National Coalition for Women With Heart Disease