Women's Health and a Natural Approach to Healthcare & Prevention
BLOOMINGTON, Minn., Oct. 7, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- As more and women look for natural and cost effectively ways to manage their health needs, incorporating regular chiropractic care, a balanced diet, nutrition and exercise into their daily lives is key to maintaining health and wellness. During Chiropractic Awareness Month, the Minnesota Chiropractic Association (MCA) is encouraging all women to commit to a healthy lifestyle for themselves and their loved ones.
Here are a few tips to get you or your loved ones taking important steps to improve the quality and length of life.
- Get regular adjustments to stay well.
- Eat a varied diet, rich in fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and low-fat foods.
- Keep an eye on your calcium.
- Manage stress and get help if you need it
- Sleep is key: Get 7 – 9 hours of sleep each night.
- Stay hydrated – drink at least 8 ounce glasses of water per day.
- Use it or lose it: Keep your brain busy
- Strength training: it's never too late to start.
- There's still time to quit an unhealthy habit!
- Know your family history and discuss it with your health care provider.
- Don't forget key screening tests. (Annual pap smears, regular breast exams, etc)
As important as it is for you to take charge of your own health and wellness, you can't do it all. Contact a health care provider for assistance and guidance. Doctors of chiropractic are wellness based and uniquely trained in identifying and correcting spinal dysfunctions that can have negative impact on your overall health and wellness.
Regular chiropractic adjustments and simple changes in your lifestyle and diet can have a positive impact on your health and can also aid in preventing a variety of health problems in the future.
To locate an MCA member chiropractor near you, contact the MCA at 1-800-864-3769 or go to www.mnchiro.com.
About Minnesota Chiropractic Association
Created in 1927, the Minnesota Chiropractic Association is the only professional organization in Minnesota that solely represents the chiropractic professional on a multi-level and integrated service basis.
SOURCE Minnesota Chiropractic Association