NEW YORK, Dec. 1, 2016 /PRNewswire/ --Women's Health Diagnostics Market by Application (Prenatal Testing, Down Syndrome, HPV, Fertility Test, Pregnancy Test, Urinary Tract Infections, Osteoporosis, Breast, Cervical and Ovarian Cancer Test) End User (Hospitals, Home Care) - Forecast to 2021
The global women's health diagnostics market is projected to reach USD 36.64 billion by 2021, growing at a CAGR of around 7.9% during the forecast period.
Growth in this market can be attributed to a number of factors such as high prevalence of infectious diseases in women, rising incidence of chronic and lifestyle-related disorders and increasing awareness about fertility testing in women and initiatives taken by government and health organizations. Moreover, the increasing adoption of point-of-care diagnostic testing and the increasing number of diagnostic and imaging centers are also expected to play a major role in market growth. However, high cost of diagnostic solutions and lack of trained laboratory technicians are some of the factors restraining the growth of this market.
The women health diagnostics market in this report is segmented by application and end users. Based on application, the market is segmented into osteoporosis testing, ovarian cancer testing, cervical cancer testing, breast cancer testing, pregnancy & ovulation testing, prenatal genetic screening & carrier testing, infectious disease testing, sexually transmitted disease (STD) testing, and ultrasound. The osteoporosis segment is further divided into bone densitometry and in vitro blood tests. The ovarian cancer segment is divided into tumor marker tests, diagnostic imaging tests and others. The cervical cancer segment is sub segmented into PAP smear testing and HPV testing. The breast cancer testing segment is further divided into mammography systems, tumor marker tests, blood chemistries & blood cell count tests, biopsies, and other diagnostic imaging tests. Pregnancy and fertility testing market is sub segmented into lab-based testing, pregnancy self-test and ovulation prediction kits, ovulation prediction kits, fertility monitors and thermometers. The prenatal genetic screening & carrier testing segment is further divided into cystic fibrosis, Down syndrome and Edward syndrome, TORCH infections and others (fragile x-syndrome & tay-sachs diseases). Further on, the infectious disease testing market segment is sub segmented into methicillin-resistant staphylococcus aurea (MRSA), urinary tract infections (vaginal pH & vaginitis), hepatitis, tuberculosis and streptococcus testing. The sexually transmitted disease testing segment comprises Chlamydia Trachomatis and Neisseria Gonorrohoeae testing, HIV testing and other STD testing. The ultrasound segment covers breast imaging and ob/gyn imaging. In 2015, the breast cancer testing product segment accounted for the largest share of the women health diagnostics market. This market is primarily driven by the increasing incidence of breast cancer and rising awareness about advanced breast cancer diagnostic techniques. Based on end user, the women health diagnostics market is segmented into three segments, namely, hospitals & clinics, home care, and diagnostic & imaging centers.
In 2015, North America accounted for the largest share to the global women health diagnostics market, followed by Europe, Asia-Pacific, and the RoW. Growth in the North American market is largely driven by the increasing prevalence of cancer among women in this region, the presence of a large number of players and their increasing efforts to expand presence in North America. Furthermore, the increasing prevalence of cancer among women and increasing demand for fertility testing kits and monitors in North American countries is augmenting the demand for diagnostic tests.
Some of the major players in the women health diagnostics market are Siemens AG (Germany), Quest Diagnostics Inc. (U.S.), Hologic, Inc. (U.S.), F. Hoffmann-La Roche AG (Switzerland), PerkinElmer Inc. (U.S.), Alere Inc. (U.S.), GE Healthcare (U.S.), Becton, Dickinson and Company (BD) (U.S.), Abbott Laboratories (U.S.), bioMérieux SA (France), and Koninklijke Philips N.V. (Netherlands).
- Detailed insights on all the submarkets, based on application (osteoporosis testing, ovarian cancer testing, cervical cancer testing, breast cancer testing, pregnancy & ovulation testing, prenatal genetic screening & carrier testing, infectious disease testing, sexually transmitted disease testing, and ultrasound), this can help market players to identify high growth segments in the women's health diagnostics market.
- The report also provides information on key players in this market and their growth strategies and recent developments. This can help the company to assess the competition at global and regional levels in a better manner.
- Key insights and market sizing for the different end users of the women health diagnostics market namely, hospitals & clinics, home healthcare, and diagnostic & imaging centers.
- Country-wise market size and forecast for all the sub segments. Thus, not only the high growth application and end user areas; the market size numbers provided in the report will also enable market players to identify key geographic markets, and thereby strategize global marketing efforts in order to achieve sustainable revenue growth in the coming years.
- It provides key insights on market dynamics, such as drivers, restraints, opportunities, and challenges for this market.
Reasons to Buy the Report
The report will augment established firms as well as new entrants/smaller firms to measure the pulse of the market, which in turn would help them garner a greater market share. Firms purchasing the report could use any one or a combination of the below-mentioned five strategies (market penetration, product development/innovation, market development, market diversification, and competitive assessment) for increasing their market shares.
This report provides insights on the following pointers:
- Market Penetration: Comprehensive information on product portfolios offered by top players in the women health diagnostics market. The report analyzes the women's health diagnostics market by application, and end user across all regions
- Product Development/Innovation: Detailed insights on upcoming trends, research and development activities, and new product launches in the women health diagnostics market
- Market Development: Comprehensive information on the lucrative emerging markets by application, end user, and region
- Market Diversification: Exhaustive information of new products, growing regions, recent developments, and investments in the women health diagnostics market.- Competitive Assessment: In
-depth assessment of market shares, growth strategies, products, and distribution networks, of leading players in the women health diagnostics market
Read the full report: http://www.reportlinker.com/p04407705-summary/view-report.html
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution. Reportlinker finds and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need - instantly, in one place.
Contact Clare: firstname.lastname@example.orgUS: (339)-368-6001Intl: +1 339-368-6001
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/womens-health-diagnostics-market-by-application-end-user---forecast-to-2021-300372009.html