World Interfaith Harmony Week Prize
AMMAN, Jordan, November 29, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
- The Royal Aal Al-Bayt Institute for Islamic Thought in Jordan establishes annual WIHW Prize.
The Royal Aal Al-Bayt Institute for Islamic Thought in Jordan is delighted to announce the establishment of three WIHW Prizes. A prize will be given to each of the three best events or texts organized during the UN WIHW (first week of February) which best promote the goals of the WIHW.
The prizes will be:
- First - $25,000 and a gold medal
- Second - $15,000 and a silver medal
- Third - $5,000 and a bronze medal
The prizes will be awarded to those events or texts that are judged to have been most successful in promoting interfaith harmony, and impacting religious understanding.
The Judges for the 2013 WIHW Prize:
- H.R.H. Princess Areej Ghazi -
- H.B. Patriarch Theophilus III - Patriarch of the Holy City, Palestine and Jordan
- H.E. Bishop Munib Yunan - Bishop of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in Jordan and the Holy Land, and President of the World Federation of Evangelical Lutheran Churches
- Father Nabil Haddad - Founder and Executive Director of the Jordanian Interfaith Coexistence Research Centre
- Dr. Minwer Al-Mheid - Director of the Royal Aal Al-Bayt Institute for Islamic Thought
- Mr. Nabil Al-Sahib - First Deputy of the Royal Aal Al-Bayt Institute for Islamic Thought
- Mr. Aftab Ahmed - Office Director of the Royal Islamic Strategic Studies Centre
Submission of Supporting Materials
To be considered for the prize, entries must submit the following:
- photos and/or videos from the event
- media reports about the event or text
- Testimonial(s) of Distinguished Guest(s) about event
- 3-5 references who can testify to qualifications of person/organization competing for the prize
The prize-giving ceremony will be held in Jordan (flights and accommodation will be provided).
- Register on-line at http://www.worldinterfaithharmonyweek.com
- Submit supporting materials by Feb 28, 2013
- Notification of awards [March, 2013]
- Prize-giving Ceremony [April, 2013]
*The World Interfaith Harmony Week was first proposed at the United Nations General Assembly on September 23, 2010 by H.M. King Abdullah II of Jordan. Just under a month later, on October 20, 2010, it was unanimously adopted by the UN and henceforth the first week of February, every year, will be observed as a World Interfaith Harmony Week.
For more details see http://worldinterfaithharmonyweek.com/
*Please direct any queries through the 'Contact Us' form on the website.
SOURCE The Royal Aal al-Bayt Institute for Islamic Thought
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.