LAS VEGAS, October 4, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
Aviation Industry heads to Las Vegas for world's largest commercial aviation event
Around 300 airlines, 750 airports and over 100 destinations are currently heading to Las Vegas for World Routes, the 19th World Route Development Forum, to discuss the future of air services across the globe in more than 8,000 pre-arranged face-to-face meetings and three high-profile conferences.
The world's most important commercial aviation event of its kind will take place on 5-8 October 2013, co-hosted by Las Vegas Convention & Visitors Authority (LVCVA) and Las Vegas McCarran International Airport. World Routes is a significant part of the city's strategy to increase air service and attract more visitors.
Speaking at the opening media briefing in Terminal 3 of Las Vegas McCarran International Airport, Nigel Mayes, VP Commercial - Routes, UBM Live said: "This year World Routes is heading to the United States for the first time. It is fitting to bring the world's largest commercial aviation event to the one of the largest conference cities in the world. Las Vegas attracts nearly 40 million visitors a year and I'm pleased we are able to bring some more high profile visitors to the city. We have over 2,700 aviation decision-makers attending this year, including almost 150 C-level delegates, which is the largest core World Routes delegation we have ever had."
"Las Vegas has evolved to host people, and we are ready to showcase the energy and excitement of the destination to the world's aviation leaders," said Rossi Ralenkotter, President/CEO of the Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority. "Las Vegas is the perfect setting to discuss the future of the industry and delegates attending World Routes will see first-hand the investment and business activity taking place in the destination."
"There is no way to replicate the experience that comes with seeing Las Vegas first-hand, and we cannot wait to share those experiences with World Routes attendees, beginning from the moment they step off of their flights here at McCarran International Airport," said Rosemary Vassiliadis, Director of Aviation for Clark County, Nev. "Over the years we have worked hard to develop one of the world's most-modern and efficient airports, and we hope this conference becomes the first of many future visits to Las Vegas for World Routes attendees and the airlines and organizations they represent."
Core to the event are the face-to-face meetings which take place between attending airlines, airports and tourism authorities providing airports and destinations with the opportunity to discuss their route with the carrier. In addition, World Routes 2013 will see a number of content streams running throughout the event which will bring together leaders from across the industry to participate in discussions that will set the commercial and political agenda for the industry.
This Conference Programme includes the World Routes Strategy Summit, sponsored by Oman Airports Management Company and held in partnership with ICAO and the World Bank; the World Tourism Summit, sponsored by Brand USA and held in partnership with the Pacific Asia Travel Association (PATA), the International Coalition of Tourism Partners (ICTP) and TTG; Invest and Manage and a programme of Routes Talks.
High level speakers who have confirmed their participation include Stephen Attenborough, Commercial Director, Virgin Galactic; Bob Jordan, Executive Vice President & Chief Commercial Officer, Southwest Airlines & President, AirTran Airways; Estuardo Ortiz, Chief Operating Officer & Executive VP, AviancaTaca; Lee McCabe, Head of Travel, Facebook; Christopher L Thompson, President & CEO, Brand USA; Stephanie Villedrouin, Minister of Tourism, Haiti; Prof. Jack Kasarda, Director - Centre for Air Commerce, University of North Carolina and Jaime Daly, CEO, Latin American Airport Holding (LAAH).
Also taking place during this year's World Routes will be the first meeting of Caribbean & Indian Ocean Vanilla islands. Chaired by Minister Alain St. Ange, the Seychelles Minister responsible for Tourism and Culture and the sitting President of the Indian Ocean Vanilla Islands some 40 Tourism Ministers and CEOs of Island Tourism Destinations from the Caribbean and from the Indian Ocean Vanilla islands have been invited for a historic meeting of these two groups known as the Small Island States who are dependent on tourism for their economy.
Notes to Editors
- Routes organises world-renowned airline and airport networking events through its regional and global Route Development Forums. Each year, there is one global event and one regional event in Asia, Africa, Europe, the Americas and CIS respectively. http://www.routesonline.com
- Routes was founded in 1995 as part of the Manchester UK‐based ASM Ltd., a consultancy specialising in the field of route development for airports. http://www.asm-global.com
- Routes and ASM were acquired by UBM Aviation Worldwide Ltd in August 2010. From 1st August 2012 Routes, ASM and the Airport Cities Conference and Exhibition become part of the UBM Live division of UBM plc.
- UBM Live connects people and creates opportunities for companies across five continents to develop new business, meet customers, launch new products, promote their brands and expand their markets. Through premiere brands such as MD&M, CPhI, IFSEC, TFM&A, Cruise Shipping Miami, the Concrete Show, the Routes portfolio of events, Airport Cities and many others, UBM Live exhibitions, conferences, awards programs, publications, websites and training and certification programs are an integral part of the marketing plans of companies across more than 20 industry sectors. http://www.ubmlive.com
Follow us on twitter: @Routesonline, @TheHUBRoutes, @VictoriaRoutes, @NLPROU, @airlineroute
About UBM Plc
- UBM plc is a global events-led marketing services and communications company. We help businesses do business, bringing the world's buyers and sellers together at events and online, as well as producing and distributing news and specialist content. Our 5,500 staff in more than 30 countries are organised into expert teams which serve commercial and professional communities, helping them to do business and their markets to work effectively and efficiently.
- For more information, go to http://www.UBM.com; follow us on Twitter at @UBM_plc to get the latest UBM corporate news; follow @UBMNews for news from all UBM's businesses; follow @UBM for a flavour of UBM from selected members of UBM's Twitterati.
SOURCE UBM Live Routes Ltd