World Routes Returns to China in 2016
CHENGDU, China, April 14, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --
Chengdu wins highly competitive bid to secure prestigious aviation event in 2016
Representatives of UBM Live announced today- during a press conference and signing ceremony-that Chengdu Shuangliu International Airport has successfully won a highly competitive bid to bring World Routes, the 22nd World Route Development Forum to Chengdu, Sichuan Province, China. Chengdu Shuangliu Airport is the largest air hub and passenger and cargo distribution centre in the central western region of China, with more than 220 domestic and international routes. In 2013 the airport handled over 33 million passengers, making it the fifth busiest airport in China.
Mr. Li Wei, Board Chairman of Sichuan Province Airports Group led the bid and the team to secure the successful outcome. He explained, "UBM has given Chengdu Airport an excellent opportunity to stand in the central stage of the world aviation industry and will make every effort to present an amazing and unforgettable event to every delegate attending World Routes 2016."
Katie Bland, Director of the Routes business for UBM went on to comment, "China is the world's second largest aviation market and Chengdu is the centre of politics, commerce, trade and technology and the hub of transportation and communication in central-western China, authorised by the State Council of China. Chengdu is highly accessible via Chengdu Shuangliu International Airport, China's fourth largest aviation hub. 2016 is a good time for World Routes to return to China and Chengdu provides the perfect platform."
The event in 2016 is expected to attract more than 3,500 delegates including 350 airlines, 1,000 airports and 300 tourism authorities from more than 125 countries. It will be held in the state of the art International Convention & Exhibition Centre at Chengdu Century City and will take place from 25-27 September 2016.
World Routes is the annual meeting place for airlines, airports, tourism authorities and other aviation stakeholders. It is where the world's airline network planners come to meet with tourism authorities and their airports in order to evaluate existing and explore potential new air services.
World Routes is the place where airline decision makers meet with airports and city and regional stakeholders to discuss and implement air service. The decisions made at World Routes have a huge economic impact on a local, national and international scale through the increased air connectivity and this is why over 1,000 airports and cities and 300 airlines from 125 countries are represented at World Routes.
World Routes has been held in some of the most exciting cities including; Las Vegas, USA, Berlin, Germany, Abu Dhabi, UAE, Vancouver, Canada and Beijing, China.
Notes to Editors
- Routes organises world-renowned airline and airport networking events through its regional and global Route Development Forums. Each year, there is one global event and one regional event in Asia, Africa, Europe, the Americas and CIS respectively. http://www.routesonline.com
- Routes was founded in 1995 as part of the Manchester, UK-based ASM Ltd., a consultancy specialising in the field of route development for airports. http://www.asm-global.com. Routes and ASM are part of the UBM Live division of UBM plc.
- UBM Live connects people and creates opportunities for companies across five continents to develop new business, meet customers, launch new products, promote their brands and expand their markets. Through premiere brands such as MD&M, CPhI, IFSEC, TFM&A, Cruise Shipping Miami, the Concrete Show, the Routes portfolio of events, including World Routes, Airport Cities and many others, UBM Live exhibitions, conferences, awards programs, publications, websites and training and certification programs are an integral part of the marketing plans of companies across more than 20 industry sectors. http://www.ubmlive.com
Follow us on twitter: @Routesonline, @TheHUBRoutes, @VictoriaRoutes, @airlineroute
About UBM plc
- UBM plc is a global events-led marketing services and communications company. We help businesses do business, bringing the world's buyers and sellers together at events and online, as well as producing and distributing news and specialist content. Our 5,500 staff in more than 30 countries are organised into expert teams which serve commercial and professional communities, helping them to do business and their markets to work effectively and efficiently.
- For more information, go to http://www.ubm.com; follow us on Twitter at @UBM_plc to get the latest UBM corporate news; follow @UBM for news from all UBM's businesses; follow @UBM for a flavour of UBM from selected members of UBM's Twitterati.
SOURCE UBM Live Routes Ltd