World University Rankings: 2013 Edition | CWUR
JEDDAH, Saudi Arabia, July 1, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
The Center for World University Rankings (cwur.org) released today its 2013 ranking of the world's top 100 universities.
The top 10 universities are: Harvard, Stanford, Oxford, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, Columbia, Berkeley, Princeton, Chicago, and Yale. The distribution of the top 100 institutions among countries is as follows: USA (57), England (6), Japan (6), France (5), Canada (4), Israel (4), Switzerland (4), Australia (2), Germany (2), Denmark (1), Finland (1), Italy (1), Netherlands (1), Norway (1), Russia (1), Scotland (1), Singapore (1), South Korea (1), and Sweden (1).
The Center for World University Rankings (CWUR) publishes the only global university performance tables that measure the quality of education and training of students as well as the prestige of the faculty members and the quality of their research without relying on surveys and university data submissions. CWUR uses seven objective and robust indicators to rank the world's top 100 universities:
1) Quality of faculty members, measured by the number of academics who have won major international awards, prizes, and medals
2) Publications, measured by the number of research papers appearing in reputable international journals
3) Influence, measured by the number of research papers appearing in highly-influential journals
4) Citations, measured by the number of highly-cited research papers
5) Patents, measured by the number of international patent filings
6) Alumni employment, measured by the number of a university's alumni who currently hold CEO positions at the world's top 2000 public companies relative to the university's size
7) Quality of education, measured by the number of a university's alumni who have won major international awards, prizes, and medals relative to the university's size
The complete list of the world's top 100 universities and a preprint describing the methodology can be found at the CWUR website: cwur.org
About the Center for World University Rankings:
In addition to providing consultation for governments and universities, the Center for World University Rankings aims to provide the most comprehensive university rankings available, which are trusted by students, academics, university administrators, and government officials from around the world.
Dr. Nadim Mahassen
Jeddah, 21589, KSA
SOURCE Center for World University Rankings
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.