SAN CARLOS, Calif., Dec. 14, 2010 /PRNewswire/ -- Luidia, Inc., the global award winning developer of interactive solutions, today announced the availability of eBeam Engage, a groundbreaking, easy-to-deploy multimedia interactive console that combines audio/visual, navigation and digital capture tools in one convenient console. eBeam Engage eliminates the need to move back and forth between a computer, interactive whiteboard and peripheral devices by putting all the tools an instructor needs within arm's reach. Now educators can seamlessly deliver curricular content that increases student focus and engagement.
eBeam Engage includes integrated JBL speakers, volume controls to raise, lower and mute audio from the computer, one touch recording, a scroll knob to roll through multi-page documents including web pages, an RF wireless keyboard that can be used more than 30 feet away from the board, and a multi-function interactive stylus. The intuitive, integrated controls enable educators to focus on what's important: delivering compelling content that meets the needs of their students. No special installation is necessary. eBeam Engage can be used with any projector and computer. It works on existing whiteboards, walls and other flat surfaces.
eBeam Engage includes a variety of tools and applications that enable educators to:
- Deliver crystal clear audio content to the entire classroom with high quality, integrated JBL speakers.
- Record lessons in real-time with one touch screen recording and built in microphone.
- Open frequently used applications, folders, files and web pages with one touch access through eBeam Home™, a dashboard interface that can be customized by users.
- Quickly navigate through web pages and multi-page documents with the scroll knob.
- Connect peripheral devices directly to the console with two built in USB ports.
- Enter text, navigate web pages or bring focus to content using the wireless keyboard and touchpad with built in laser pointer — from anywhere in the classroom.
- Leverage full interactive whiteboard capabilities, including lesson annotation, live whiteboarding, and content manipulation.
With eBeam education software, teachers can:
- Enhance lessons with a variety of included interactive eBeam curriculum tools.
- Utilize K-12 interactive content on a wide range of subjects from Luidia's eBeam Web Resources.
- Search and integrate millions of creative commons images from Flickr.
- Augment lessons with provided link to Encylopaedia Britannica.
What Teachers Say About eBeam Engage
"eBeam Engage is a great teaching tool, with a really simple and intuitive setup process and one touch buttons for calibration, recording and volume that streamline presentations," said Jeff Caswell, 7th Grade Math Chairperson at Arlington Middle School. "Not having to use separate computer speakers opens up much needed desk space, and the remote keyboard allows me to manipulate projected content from anywhere in the room."
"eBeam Engage is just a lot more convenient," said Robert Pronovost, Second Grade Teacher at Belle Haven Elementary School in Menlo Park, CA. "I spend less time fumbling with technology and can incorporate additional content during class to better reach my students without losing a moment of instruction."
Engaging 21st Century Students
"Educators are striving to give students the best education possible, but are competing against smartphones and video games," said Rafi Holtzman, CEO, Luidia. "Lectures with traditional notes written on a blackboard are not going to cut it anymore. Luidia removes barriers and promotes student engagement by facilitating the sharing and reinforcement of knowledge and ideas. This gives educators the ability to connect with students in a way that was not possible before. eBeam Engage provides schools and educators with a new, affordable, convenient one touch module that's easy to install. More importantly, it makes it easy to deliver effective interactive education to students."
Cost Effective and Eco Friendly
eBeam Engage is cost effective and eco friendly. Traditional interactive whiteboards are typically heavy boards that require expensive shipping and costly installation. Existing equipment is rarely used or integrated. Now with eBeam Engage, educators can transform any existing surface such as a whiteboard or wall into an interactive teaching space. eBeam Engage can be installed by an educator in minutes.
Pricing and Availability
The new eBeam Engage console is available now with a Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) of: $1,299 (USD). eBeam Engage is available through Luidia's network of resellers and international distributors or can be purchased directly from Luidia. Contact sales or call 1-650-413-7500 for more information.
- Background information on eBeam Engage is available here (http://www.e-beam.com/products/ebeam-engage.html)
- A video about eBeam Engage can be viewed here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTXKF74OssE)
Luidia creates interactive technology for capturing and sharing ideas. The company's portable eBeam products transform flat surfaces into interactive and collaborative workspaces. Today, eBeam technology powers an ecosystem of interactive hardware and software for education, business and government. Luidia and its manufacturing partners' products are in use on five continents and dozens of countries. The company is headquartered in the Silicon Valley. For more information, please visit: www.luidia.com or www.e-beam.com.
Copyright © 2010. eBeam is a registered trademark of Luidia. eBeam Edge and eBeam Engage are trademarks of Luidia. All rights reserved.
SOURCE Luidia, Inc.