World's Largest Crowdfunding-for-Good Platform, Fundly, Announces Campaign of the Year Winners
MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif., Feb. 26, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The world's largest crowdfunding-for-good platform, Fundly (www.fundly.com) today announced the winners of the Fundly Campaign of the Year Challenge to recognize standout crowdfunding campaigns among the more than 30,000 fundraising campaigns on its platform.
Fundly is showcasing these standout examples of crowdfunding for social change to recognize the creativity, dedication and success of those leading the winning campaigns and inspire others to learn from the winners' inventive ways of using Fundly's platform to leverage their social networks to fundraise for a diverse array of causes.
"Fundly Campaign of the Year winners are inspiring examples of crowdfunding's highest potential – driving social change," said Fundly CEO, Dave Boyce. "Fundly's mission is to help more people give more, and these winning organizations and individuals personify that mission and will undoubtedly motivate and help others succeed in their fundraising efforts."
The Fundly Campaign of the Year Winners are:
- Best Campaign by an Organization: Hats Off for Cancer– Campaign to collect and donate hats of all kinds to the courageous children who lose their hair due to cancer treatments.
- Best Campaign by an Individual: Help Ashwin Vishnuvardhan – Campaign to benefit Ashwin and his family, after this kindhearted student was diagnosed with Acute Myalobalstic Leukemia.
- Best Campaign for Kids or Pets: Have a Heart for Myles – Campaign to benefit a loveable dog with a grave heart condition known as Patent Ductus Arterosis (PDA).
- Best Event-Based Campaign: Walk for Humanity– Campaign to support the annual charity fundraising event led by MKA USA, America's leading Muslim youth organization, to raise funds for soup kitchens and social projects benefitting families nationwide.
- Most Inspirational Campaign: #MAKEASTAND! LEMON-AID– Campaign launched by nine year-old Vivienne Harr to combat child slavery and human trafficking, with funds going to global nonprofit Not for Sale.
- People's Choice Campaign: Ella's Fund – Campaign to benefit the young family whose unborn child was diagnosed with congenital diaphragmatic hernia (CDH).
To date, Fundly has enabled more than 30,000 campaigns led by individuals, volunteer groups and nonprofit organizations of all sizes to collectively raise more than $305 million for their causes.
The world's #1 crowdfunding platform for social good, Fundly's mission is to help more people give more. The largest, most widely-adopted and easiest-to-use crowdfunding-for-good platform, Fundly has enabled more than 30,000 nonprofit organizations, volunteer groups and individual fundraisers large and small to collectively raise more than $305 million and counting. Fundly is the proven fundraising solution for everyone from local PTAs, to Run-Walk-Ride events, to the world's largest charities, including Habitat for Humanity, Teach for America and Children's Miracle Network. Learn more about Fundly at www.fundly.com and see Fundly in the news at http://fundly.com/press/.
Contact: Deborah Schneider / firstname.lastname@example.org / 415-277-6973