NEW YORK, April 3, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- RFID Journal announced today that a record number of new products will be exhibited at RFID Journal LIVE! 2013 (http://www.rfidjournalevents.com/live), the world's premier conference and exhibition focused on radio frequency identification (RFID) and its many business applications. LIVE! 2013 will be held from Apr. 30 to May 2, 2013, at the Orange County Convention Center, located in Orlando, Fla.
RFID technology is evolving quickly, and solution providers are introducing a new wave of highly innovative products for new applications, designed to make deployments easier and less complex. Some of the products that attendees will be able to view at LIVE! include:
- HID Global's Trusted Tag Service: This platform eliminates the inherent risks of authenticating original documents, processes, data-logging and high-value assets via traditional sign-off procedures, by using smartphone applications, cloud-based security services and secured data on Near Field Communication (NFC) tags to authenticate products and documents.
- Zebra Technologies' Seamless Chip-based Serialization for RFID Printer-Encoders: This enhancement for Zebra's RXi4 and RZ series RFID printers reduces the complexity of managing and creating item-level serial numbers for UHF RFID, thereby making printing and encoding a serialized Electronic Product Code (EPC) tag no more complicated than printing a standard Universal Product Code (UPC) ticket.
- Omni-ID's UltraThin IQ 400 and IQ 600 On-metal/On-liquid Labels: These are the first RFID labels that can be printed and commissioned onsite using ordinary RFID label printers, and still work on metal objects or objects with a high water content.
- InfoChip's App for iPhone and Android: This free application, available for the Apple iPhone and Android platforms, enables users to read an asset's NFC tag and immediately retrieve that item's most recent vital safety and inspection information.
- Xerafy's Titanium Metal Skin: This passive ultrahigh-frequency (UHF) RFID label for both metallic and non-metallic assets has a small profile of 1.77 inches by 0.22 inch by 0.03 inch (45 millimeters by 5.6 millimeters by 0.76 millimeter), weighs just 0.11 ounce (3.1 grams) and has a read range of up to 4 feet (1.2 meters) on and off metal, under both United States and European Union frequency regulations.
To view more products that will be exhibited at LIVE! 2013, please visit http://www.rfidjournalevents.com/live/products.php.
A number of the new products being exhibited will also be featured in the Coolest Demo Contest, to be held in the event's exhibit hall. These demonstrations will highlight the many applications and capabilities of radio frequency identification solutions.
LIVE! 2013 will also feature four industry-specific and four how-to conference tracks, as well as nine in-depth preconference seminars and workshops, four new post-conference workshops, fast-track training and the RFID Journal Awards. What's more, the conference will offer exhibits and demonstrations conducted by the industry's leading technology firms. For more information, visit http://www.rfidjournalevents.com/live.
About RFID Journal
RFID Journal is the leading source of news and information regarding radio frequency identification and its many business applications. Business executives and implementers depend on RFID Journal for up-to-the-minute RFID news, in-depth case studies, best practices, strategic insights and information about vendor solutions. This has made RFID Journal the most relied-upon and respected RFID information resource, serving the largest audience of RFID decision makers worldwide—online and at face-to-face events. For more information, visit www.rfidjournal.com.
For more information, contact:
Director of Marketing
This press release was issued through eReleases® Press Release Distribution. For more information, visit http://www.ereleases.com.
SOURCE RFID Journal