Worth The Weight: Sport Chalet Offers Must-Have Gear And Expert Advice For Lifting At Any Level
Specialty sporting goods retailer provides an easy guide for weight training in 2014
LOS ANGELES, Jan. 14, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- With the new year comes new fitness goals, and improving strength and muscle tone should be at the top of the list. Specialty sporting goods retailer Sport Chalet provides an easy-to-follow guide to help athletes of all levels find the ideal weight training program for a healthier lifestyle.
"Weight training, done in conjunction with a cardiovascular workout, is a great way to increase strength and build muscle," said Sport Chalet Expert Tom Connell. "There are a multitude of lifting exercises to fit every fitness goal and Sport Chalet offers an assortment of weightlifting equipment, including weight sets, plates, dumbbells and accessories, to help fitness enthusiasts achieve their goals at a comfortable pace."
Connell provides six tips to lift safely and effectively:
- Home gyms like the Marcy Fit 150 lb Stack Home Gym with Upright Leg Press give beginners a diverse workout by offering lifting exercises for all the major muscle groups. With a home gym, lifts can be done in a safe and controlled manner, which makes it a great option for those looking to break into weightlifting.
- If the home gym isn't the perfect fit, there are several free weight options. Adjustable dumbbells or kettle bells like the Powerblock 50 lb Classic Dumbbell Set or the Rip:60 Adjustable Soft Kettle Bell provide a variety of weight options without taking up space. Ranging from two to 50 pounds, adjustable weights offer easy transitioning to fit the strength capabilities of the beginner to intermediate lifter.
- For the more advanced lifter, weight sets will get the job done. The Weider 160 lb Standard Weight Set comes with weights, one barbell and two dumbbells, and can accommodate additional weight plates if needed. Just remember, it is important to always lift with a partner, especially when using heavier weights.
- Regardless of experience level, one must be sure to use correct form when lifting weights. The Setwear Smart Back Weight Lifting Belt provides extra lumbar support and helps take unwanted stress off of the back while executing a lift.
- Gloves protect the weightlifter's hands from calluses or blisters while providing added support. The Harbinger Bioform WristWrap Weight Lifting Glove allows a stronger grip and additional wrist support for safer weight training.
- All weightlifters should stretch before and after a session and make sure to breathe through each lift. To make post-lift stretches more productive, lifters should use the GoFit Foam Massage Roller, which can assist in releasing tight muscles.
For more information on Sport Chalet's selection of weightlifting equipment or to find the nearest Sport Chalet store, visit www.sportchalet.com. For additional media inquiries, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Sport Chalet
Sport Chalet (Nasdaq: SPCHA, SPCHB) is a premier, full service specialty sporting goods retailer featuring the industry's top sports brands in apparel, footwear, and sports equipment. Founded in 1959 by Norbert Olberz, the company has 51 stores in Arizona, California, Nevada and Utah; an online store at www.sportchalet.com; a Team Sales division; and offers more than 50 specialty services for the sports enthusiast, including online same day delivery, climbing, backcountry skiing, ski mountaineering, avalanche education, and mountain trekking instruction, car rack installation, snowboard and ski rental and repair, Scuba training and certification, Scuba boat charters, team sales, gait analysis, baseball/softball glove steaming and lacing, racquet stringing, and bicycle tune-up and repair at its store locations. For more information, visit Sport Chalet at www.sportchalet.com.
SOURCE Sport Chalet
More by this Source
Love It Or Lease It: 10 Rentals To Try Before Purchasing
Mar 05, 2014, 11:05 ET
Sport Chalet Recommends Activities For Couples In Pursuit Of Adventure
Feb 11, 2014, 15:13 ET
Sport Chalet Reveals Consumers Still Plan To Set Fitness And Weight Loss Resolutions
Jan 07, 2014, 11:05 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.