"WOW! wanted to move from reactive to proactive and found Axiros to be the perfect partner," commented Torryon Coleman, VP of Product Development at WOW! "Axiros had a simple and user-friendly solution as we were trying to get everything under one umbrella and create uniformity, as we want to effectively manage the services we deliver to the home. Our ultimate goal is to offer the best experience for our customers."
WOW! is using a combination of Axiros products to make up its service assurance platform, including:
- AXESS.ACS is the core auto configuration server helping the operator integrate all its devices (CPEs, cable modems, STBs, etc.) into one managed set regardless of protocol.
- AXTRACT is a perfect complement for QoE monitoring to collect, monitor, diagnose and analyze device and network data.
- AXPAND acts as a "glue software" integrating legacy devices (non-TR-069 such as SNTP and SNMP found in their network) into the managed set of devices and making all fall under the umbrella – especially important for WOW! as the acquisitions have brought many types of new and different equipment into the network.
- AXPLORE for event management and alarming to let WOW! know if and when there is an event in the ecosystem that needs attention.
- Wi-Fi Optimization Module to improve Wi-Fi services for end users and customers.
"We are thrilled to partner with WOW! as they expand their focus to service assurance in 2016," commented Kurt Peterhans, CEO of Axiros. "In the last three years, Axiros has solidified its position in North America with several major account wins, including Verizon, HP, COX, ADTRAN, and Viasat. Now, WOW! is a perfect example of a cable MSO that has recognized the importance of customer experience. As Axiros continues to expand in the region, service providers like WOW! will benefit from integration of the Axiros platform, and devices in the field will be supported for the years to come as WOW! moves beyond triple-play into IoT and more."
Axiros has made waves in the device management, M2M and IoT space this past year. It was recognized as one of five global 2015 Cool Vendors in IoT by Gartner, cited a Gartner Top 10 IoT Technology for 2017-2018, listed in the Gartner Market Guide for IoT Platforms, was chosen by CIOReview as one of its 20 Most Promising M2M Solution Suppliers, and was shortlisted for the Broadband World Forum 2015 Awards for The Most Innovative Internet of Things Solution Award.
For more information about Axiros or its products, please visit the company's website.
WOW! is one of the United States' leading broadband providers, serving residential, business and wholesale customers in Illinois, Michigan, Indiana, Ohio, Kansas, Maryland and the Southeast. With an expansive portfolio of advanced services including high-speed Internet, data, voice, cloud and cable television services, the company is dedicated to delighting customers with friendly, quality service at affordable prices. http://www.wowway.com
The Axiros AXvantage: Any protocol, any device, any service –any time. Axiros is a global leader in IoT, M2M, TR-069 and device management, providing software solutions and platforms to service providers and equipment manufacturers worldwide to manage and IoT-ize devices.
Founded in 2002 and headquartered in Munich, Axiros has sales and service offices and development centers worldwide, so as needs change, Axiros will always be close by to deliver. http://www.axiros.com @axiros1
Logo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20150224/177373LOGO
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/wow-partners-with-axiros-for-device-management-and-service-assurance-300303923.html