LA JOLLA, Calif., Jan. 6, 2016 Core News Facts:
- WowWee, a leader in consumer robotics and the creator of innovative and fun-loving products like Robosapien™, MiP™ and MiPosaur™, today announced availability of its newest robot: CHiP.
- CHiP, which stands for Canine Home Intelligent Pet, is a robot dog that interacts with its owners just like a typical family pet – showing affection, learning good behavior and providing playful companionship through advanced artificial intelligence.
- CHiP isn't just another cool gadget. As soon as you bring him home, CHiP will become part of the family, learning about you and his new home and providing an authentic emotional bond between pet and owner.
- The more you play and interact with CHiP, the more personalized the experience will get – no two CHiPs are alike. Your SmartBand helps CHiP identify and recognize his owner and also lets you teach CHiP good behavior and train him to do tricks.
- Using the SmartBand buttons, you can "like" a certain action to reinforce a behavior you want CHiP to do more of, like sit or stay, so CHiP can learn what you like and behave accordingly. You can also tell CHiP to "come" to you, to "dance" or you can put him in "sic 'em" mode – where CHiP will bark aggressively and "attack" the person of your choosing. Lastly, the SmartBand can be used as a remote control for CHiP.
- The SmartBand also serves as a notification center, alerting you with light indicators if CHiP wants to play, is hungry or needs something.
- The free companion app (available on iOS and Android in Q3 2016) will feature the same controls as the SmartBand and will allow you to customize new trick commands on the SmartBand.
- You can also direct CHiP with just the movements of your hand. With GestureSense technology, CHiP recognizes your gestures and can follow commands like sit, stay and come.
- Using BeaconSense™ technology – a proprietary indoor GPS system – and Bluetooth connectivity, CHiP senses the surroundings and links with three smart accessories: CHiP's SmartBall and SmartBed and the owner's SmartBand.
- Infrared sensors give CHiP a 360 degree view, helping CHiP track, chase, retrieve and return the SmartBall wherever it rolls, so the games you can play are endless. In addition to fetch, soccer is one of CHiP's favorite games – whether guarding a goal post, making saves or rolling the SmartBall back to you, CHiP plays just like a real goalie.
- CHiP is super agile moving in any direction at very high speed on four Meccanum wheels in place of paws. CHiP can dodge obstacles or speed down the hall after the SmartBall.
- After a long day of play, just like a real dog, CHiP will need some sleep! When the battery is low, CHiP will automatically return to the SmartBed to charge. If CHiP can't make it to the SmartBed, he'll text you through the companion app to let you know so you can help.
- Available today on Indiegogo with special pricing starting at $159, CHiP comes with a SmartBand, a SmartBall and a SmartBed, plus an additional SmartBand so two family members can interact with CHiP.
- CHiP provides both a unique, up-close experience with the latest in artificial intelligence technology and an authentic pet relationship, complete with playfulness and an emotional bond.
- CHiP will start arriving in homes in Q3 2016. Following this initial campaign, CHiP has an estimated retail price of $199.99 MSRP.
- For more information and to see CHiP in action, visit: www.chipk9.com
Davin Sufer, CTO, WowWee
"When it comes to bringing robots into homes, we want to provide families with a truly interactive, realistic, highly-personal and emotional experience, moving beyond adding cute elements or gimmicks to simple gadgets. CHiP has groundbreaking capabilities, sensors, mobility, and most importantly, the deepest and richest user experience the industry has seen. We believe this is the first step in both elevating the toy experience and expanding consumer accessibility to artificial intelligence and robotics."
Founded in 1988, WowWee is a leading designer, developer, marketer and distributor of innovative hi-tech consumer robotic and consumer entertainment products, revolutionizing the way people interact with robotic companions. With offices in Montreal, San Diego, Hong Kong; WowWee's focus on the development of breakthrough consumer technologies continues to forge new categories in personal robotics and entertainment with its imaginative, innovative, award-winning gadgets and toys. Please visit wowwee.com for more information.
The WowWee online Press Kit can be found at http://ces.vporoom.com/WowWee
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/wowwee-introduces-chip-the-robot-dog-for-todays-family-300200130.html