WTO's Innovative New "QuickFlex®" System Saves Money Up Front -- and Over Time
The perfect combination: ER collet chuck and quick change system in one toolholder
CHARLOTTE, N.C., Aug. 26, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Acquiring live tooling after a major machine purchase usually requires a substantial additional investment, which can cause many companies to make decisions to procure tooling far less than complementary to their new machine investment. That's why, for leaders focused on conserving costs and improving productivity, WTO's innovative new system can be a game-changer.
QuickFlex®, an innovative flexible tooling system for driven toolholders, minimizes the initial out-of-pocket tooling costs. Plus, it dramatically reduces tool change time and provides greater long-term flexibility.
"Providing an ER collet chuck and quick change system in one toolholder allows you to buy fewer tools than you would have to otherwise," says Anthony DeHart, director of sales and business development at WTO USA. "Best of all, this flexible system doesn't compromise rigidity, performance, or accuracy."
QuickFlex® was officially introduced in 2012 and is now available for the North American market. It is a complete toolholder program, available for the most popular turning centers using BMT-style toolholders.
Specifically, DeHart says, the QuickFlex® base unit allows customers to clamp tools directly into the ER collet of the toolholder—no additional adapter is necessary. If customers acquire additional types of tooling in the future, they can be easily accommodated by using the QuickFlex® adapters, which are mounted directly into the base unit.
"The base unit comes in a straight (radial) or right angle (axial) configuration, which—combined with the wide range of adapters available—covers virtually any machining process requirement, all in a single system," DeHart explains. "This approach enables the company to incrementally invest in a full range of options with minimal initial capital requirements. It also accommodates the multiple setups and frequent changeovers that are required for the short manufacturing runs in today's production environment."
Here, DeHart shares seven specific benefits of WTO's QuickFlex® system:
- QuickFlex® is comprehensive. The system covers a full range of different tool clamping adapter types and sizes.
- The system is extremely cost effective. With a minimal initial investment, customers can get unprecedented use of traditional toolholders. Start by simply clamping the cutting tools directly into the toolholder using a standard ER collet. You don't have to buy adapters until they are needed.
- Setup time is reduced. QuickFlex® adapters with cutting tools mounted can be preset, significantly reducing the tool change time.
- QuickFlex® delivers precision and performance. With QuickFlex®, WTO is breaking ground as it combines precision with high rigidity and safety.
- It incorporates user-friendly handling. Changing tools is quick and easy with WTO's new one-hand wrench (patent registered). Use the one-hand wrench holding the QuickFlex® spindle and tighten the large collet nut with a spanner wrench. The QuickFlex® adapters, which use a built-in threaded nut, are tightened the same way.
- It's surprisingly flexible. While the QuickFlex® toolholder can be used without any of the adapters, it's easy to migrate to a quick change functional system. Once you introduce QuickFlex® adapters, you'll reduce tool change time even more dramatically. A cost-effective complete quick starter kit includes three different adapters and a one-hand wrench set.
- QuickFlex® improves tool change handling. This system boasts quick, easy, and safe tool change handling with the one-hand wrench.
"With QuickFlex®, our goal was to develop a compact, simple, and safe quick change system for driven toolholders," Karlheinz Jansen, technical director and member of management, WTO GmbH, concludes. "High cutting performance and long life have always been the benchmark of our Performance Series. Now, we've made those high-quality products even better!"
WTO is a privately held family enterprise led by the second generation with headquarters in Ohlsbach, Germany. Specialized in the design and manufacture of precision toolholders since 1977, WTO has always set the benchmarks of driven tool technology with innovation and new product developments. The company maintains a strategic advantage by limiting its focus to driven toolholders.
See QuickFlex® at the following trade shows:
- CMTS: Booth # 4101, Sept. 30-Oct. 3, The International Centre, Mississauga, Ontario
- WESTEC: Booth # 3518, Oct. 15-17, Los Angeles Convention Center, Los Angeles, CA
- SOUTH-TEC: Booth # 1426, Oct. 29-31, TD Convention Center, Greenville, SC
Click here for an expanded version of this press release.
For more information, contact:
Anthony DeHart, Director of Sales and Business Development
Read more news from WTO.
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.